Girls Write Out
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Today is Valentine's Day and the world is talking about romance, but it's a romance that is all about gifts like flowers, chocolate and jewelry. Now I'm a big fan of all those things (especially chocolate!) but the greatest romance of all is the one between us and God. He loved us so much that he gave everything for us. To me, that is real romance and love. Giving of yourself and all that you have to the ones you love.

Dave and I just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary in October and I've been so fortunate that my Dave knows what real love and romance is. If you look at a description of commitment and love, you'd see Dave's picture. :) He shows his love in a myriad of ways: doing the laundry when I'm on deadline and running out to get dinner, handing me the remote without complaint when Downton Abbey is on, sneaking out to get me a special card when I have no idea he's doing it, fixing my coffee in the morning when he doesn't even drink coffee. It's all the small things he does every day to show me he loves and treasures me.

So how about you? What are some of the ways the person you love most in the world shows you how much they care? It could be your spouse, your mother or father, a sibling, your best friend or anyone else in your life. What are ways YOU can show that person how special they are to you?

Labels: ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 10:32 AM  
  Comments (4)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
4 Comments:
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

I agree! The greatest love of all is God's love!

My husband shows me every day how much he loves me by getting my infusion ready, getting my meds when I'm too sick to get up, by telling me I'm beautiful when I feel like I look like a completely different person these days (not in a good way!), and by constantly standing by my side through thick and thin, better or worse.

I try to do little things for him, too, so he will know that I never take his love for granted.

I am blessed beyond measure.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Timothy Fish said...

I hesitate to attribute romance with God. Mostly, this is because romance is rooted in fiction and the use of romance to mean love between to real implies the love is the kind that is demonstrated in a romantic story. The love of God goes far beyond chivalry. That’s not to say that I have anything against chivalry, but God’s love is so much deeper. Chivalry seems to be all those things that a woman would like for a man to do for her. God, in his love, often does things we don’t like because he knows they are good for us.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger jel said...

Happy Valentine's day Girls.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Mary Marie Allen said...

Anything that says I'm thinking/planning a way to bless you that says I know you. For instance, yesterday as I planned our steak dinner I thought, I wish John would bring me a cherry coke. (soda is not something we keep around here, and I don't always choose cherry coke when I do drink soda.) That night he hid a cherry coke in the frig for me to find with a funny card. It's the little things in life that make it good.

How do I show love back? Fixing his favorite mayo cake is one way, but I try to look for other things that will surprise and please him, like cleaning his truck cab.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz