Girls Write Out
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
In spite of the rain, we've had a fun time on Kauai. In case you haven't heard, our island has had 46 inches of rain in the past week. Flash floods, even hail. Crazy! But in spite of it all, we've had a great time. We stayed here and it's a fabulous house with a pool. Glad we had that pool because there was no snorkeling to be had in this weather. I tried yesterday but the visibility was about 2 feet. LOL

One thing has become very clear these 3 weeks. I'm directionally challenged. So much so that my dear daughter has taken to mocking me when I point toward where I think something is located. She's now suggesting that I point upward since I'm not going to be accurate anyway! I'm laughing but she's very right. I couldn't tell you which was was north or south. Some people have an innate sense of direction. That would not be me. I park my car in the same row at Walmart so I'm not wandering around looking for it.

But I've got good sense about health things. Probably because I'm interested in it. I'm not so interested in directions. LOL But isn't it great how God gives each of us different gifts? Dave is great with directions and he makes sure I never get lost. If he has a health issue, I research it to death and figure out what needs to be done. He hates to cook (his idea of cooking is to take me out) but he's great at fixing things. I'm hopeless at fixing things like plumbing but I'm good at fixing computer problems.

So all in all, I'm comfortable in my skin and with the gifts I have. It wasn't always this way when I was younger. I always wished I had someone else's gifts. All that striving and angst isn't good for cortisol levels so I'm glad I have grown contented! But what about you? Are you aware of your gifts or are you still wishing for what you don't have? Evaluate what God has given you and see how you can use them in more ways.

Want to share what you're good at? I love hearing about gifts.

And a quick thank you! Blue Moon Promise just hit #6 on the CBA best seller list, my best ranking EVER thanks to you!

Labels: ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 1:30 AM  
  Comments (4)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
4 Comments:
At 5:58 AM, Blogger jel said...

Blue Moon was a good read! :)

I'm with ya there! I would get lost in a box. :(

that's a very cool picture.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

My nickname is "One Hill Short of the Trail." So we'd for sure get lost together, Colleen. I'm glad you have Dave. I do know my gifts, and I certainly don't wish to have the gifts of others, and I'm so non-competitive that I shouldn't be having trouble with cortisol. There's got to be another reason.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Sandie said...

This is so true. My siblings and I have been caring for my mother's needs for some time now. We each have our own ways of doing that. If there is anything needed that can be done on the computer, I'm the gal for that. I don't like talking on the phone but I can if it is needed. I don't like to drive, but my sister enjoys driving. My brother lives locally to my mom so he can take care of immediate needs. Together, we cover all bases. Of course, if you want an opinion on anything, I've got that too. LOL

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Sandie, sounds like you two make a good team! :)

Glad you liked Blue Moon, Jel.

Cheryl, I suspect the S word (STRESS) has tanked your cortisol. :( Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz