Girls Write Out
Tuesday, March 12, 2013

ACFW Girls STanding 2010Pedi

Ive been mussing a bit over friendship. Not just casual friendships, but ones that are really close. A good friend is one who tells you the truth, who loves you in spite of your flaws, who encourages you yet is willing to cry with you while she does. A good friend is there to stand in the gap with you and walks with you through the mountains and valleys both. 

It's just kind of mysterious to me how the connection is instantly there. When I look at the friendships in my life, they have started with one look into their eyes. There is something about our souls that bonded together right from the start. I don't believe I've ever had a friend where that connection didn't happen right from the start. 

Some of my friendships started over email. That was more a melding of minds at the beginning, but when we met in person, that soul connection was still immediate. I've had other connections over email where the personal meeting didn't result in the instant soul bonding so it's still mysterious to me. Some friendships started with respect first, but the instant eye-to-eye bonding still happened and the professional relationship grew into friendship. 

But sometimes one side of the relationship feels a connection and wants to bond better, but the other person doesn't feel it. Again, it's so mysterious how some relationships progress to a close friendship and others don't. I've always thought God brings in the friends we need as a special gift. There is no other explanation for it to me. :) 

How about you? When you look at the friends in your life, how did the friendship start? What was the magic ingredient for you? 

Colleen Coble  
posted at 11:59 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well for me, three of my closest friends are my sisters mainly because we're quadruplets and spent a lot of time together. So that's a given.

Otherwise, I met my closest friend in band class. I was a second semester senior and she was a first semester freshmen (because she came to my school in the Spring Semester of my senior year).

We started out by talking during band rehearsals and she'd skype me with questions about the school. Our friendship grew over that.

Now I'm a a junior (technically senior) in College and she's a senior in high school. We've been friends for 5 years and I know we'll be friends for much much longer.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

It's kind of like the mystery of love, isn't it? Sometimes, magic happens. I was thinking about it as I spent Saturday night with my best friend from high school. We tried out for cheerleading together and that's how we met.

Now, *AHEM* years later, we just had a blast and it's so natural to be together. Love that.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

My BFF became that in the 8th grade. She sat across the aisle from me in homeroom (Remember homeroom?) and just started talking. We both had green eyes and brown ponytails, maybe that was part of the relating. We had quite a few classes together in 8th and 9th grade.
Then, alas, we went to different high schools but talked on the phone some. Junior college we were together again, then I went away to university and my family moved away, too. But she and I kept up with Christmas and birthday cards, and now, email. A few years ago I went to visit her and i knew it might not be the same. But it was. We picked up where we left off and had a wonderful time. And we still email, phone, and share prayer requests. I sent her one this morning. She's a lovely turned-on Christian and God gave her to me.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Gail H. said...

I met and became closest to friends through my jobs. Those were the ones I had lots in common with. One even introduced me to my husband of 31 years on a blind date.
I also formed close friendships with my husband to couples in our Bible Study Class (Sunday School). Two of my closest friends I've known for 38 years.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger jel said...

it is a Big Mystery! esp to me.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Sisters and quadruplets! Wow, that is fabulous! I always wanted a sister. :)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Karla Akins said...

Could it be the mystery of chemistry? Some people you "click" with and others you simply don't. But when you do, oh the joy! I especially value those friends that will have my back no matter what, and I have no doubt in their loyalty to me. Loyal friends are priceless, aren't they?

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

My GirlsWriteOut buds were that way for me. Varied as our personalities are, I've always enjoyed that bond. Colleen, I remember the first night you and Dave stopped by our house on the way home from a trip. Instant connection--and our food allergies certainly helped with the bonding process.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I meet my Accountability partner threw church. I meet a guy on-line and we started going to church at our church. Things didn't work out for me and the guy, but I still go to church and have meet this great women and we are now accountability partners and have come some close in the past 6 months. It's been totally a God thing! Amazing how things like that happen! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz