Girls Write Out
Thursday, March 07, 2013

I'm so happy to have finished my third Smitten novella. I've been so sick, I wondered if I'd ever get it done, but God is faithful! He helped me and now it's finished.

We have a cat and a dog. The cat was my mom's which we took on a temporary basis and somehow ended up keeping her. At any rate, she's my hubby's pet.  The dog, Latte, is mine. Patches, our cat, could care less when I walk into the room. Latte throws a party if I get the mail and come back in the house.

In the picture above, if you look real closely, you can see Latte. She was under my blanket and sat up. I laughed and laughed and she just sat there, so I took a picture. It was hilarious! That's a dog.

Do you think our cat would have held still for that? No way.

I'm not saying cats are bad. I'm just saying they're very different from a dog. Okay, maybe it's cause I've been sick, I want to be pampered. Patches just wants me to keep her seat warm. Latte is pure bouncy joy.  Patches doesn't want to be bothered with anything, unless of course it's feeding time. Then she's all purrs and cuddles.

Whether cat or dog, how could we live without our pets? They bring joy to our lives and a special company that makes loneliness flee.

Wouldn't you agree?

Labels: , , ,

Diann Hunt  
posted at 9:56 AM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

That is too cute, Di!

And I can't believe you got your novella finished that quickly! You're amazing!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Thanks, D! I'm doing my final read-through today and sending it in. Whoohoo! :-)

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

We could all take lessons from you on getting things done! Elle is trying to talk me into a cat. I'm a dog person.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger jel said...

Dogs rule!!!!!
love that picture! :)

thought it was a new breed of dog. :)

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Oh, that's right, dogs rule, cats drool. We have one cat who drools any time we pet him, and unfortunately, he's very affectionate. The other three have taken up his bad habits, and if they get too comfy on my lap and I pet them too much, there goes my shirt.

Di, great job on finishing the book. I feel like a sloth. I haven't even completed my proposal!

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a dog lover myself, and hope it's okay if I post this link to my memoir about dogs. It's free on march 20 and 21. I love Girls Write Out and thanks for all you do for writers!
http://www.amazon.com/Dogs-Love-Stories-Fidelity-ebook/dp/B00B3NUDHS/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1362745386&sr=1-1&keywords=dogs+and+love

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Totally a dog lover. I've always had one and they totally can bring you total joy! Blake (my 1 1/2 year old dachsund) keeps me on my toes. He's still very much still in the puppy stage and is very energetic! I wish I had a 10th of his energy! But he keeps me going and I don't know what I'd do without him sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz