Girls Write Out
Thursday, January 12, 2006
CHANGE IS A FOUR-LETTER WORD

Yeah, yeah, I know it actually has six letters; I'm not a math idiot. Well, yeah, I am, but that's another story.

Now, if there's a word I like it's "routine". Some read the word routine
B-O-R-I-N-G. But for me, routine means I get things done. Routine means I do my Bible study immediately after I take our boys to school. Routine means I plant my behind in my chair and write immediately after that (with loads of laundry and various housecleaning tasks thrown in whenever I get stuck--on the story, not in the chair). Routine good. Change bad.

It's not really a fear of change either. It's more a dread of change. DOC causes me to hang on to dial-up until they tear down the phone lines running up and down the streets. DOC causes me to stick with the same grocery even though their air is so dry I get shocked every time I pick up a product. DOC causes me to drive the same van until it's unsafe and Kevin drags me to the car lot.

I'm not sure what the cure for DOC is, but you know what? I don't think I want to know. The routine thing may be boring, but it's working for me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Anonymous  
posted at 9:48 AM  
  Comments (4)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
4 Comments:
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do not like change. change is bad. but i have to remind myself that, as a christian i need to always be ready for change, coz if there is no change, my walk with God can become stagnant, boring, and i never grow, and then i kinda go backwards. so change is good. but i still don't like it. i like my comfort zone too much! there is gonna be so much change in my life this year (moving house soon, going to COLLEGE in february at the age of 25! and other things, parents moving 800miles away) and i'm so nervous!

i have to keep reminding myself that change is good. lol.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Corina Bowen said...

Amen! Just when I think "OH, I just love the scenery" God goes and changes things!!
Oh well, I would rather be in His will. Plus.. ever try to stay in your comfort zone after He has called you out?? Gets real uncomfortable.. real quick!! :-)

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

Oh you are so GOOD! I wish I'd stick to routine more. I'm so bad about being distracted. I am working now on my discipline. I should try starting a routine to follow.

camy

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

Change is hard. Especially when packing boxes are part of the "routine." Especially when UNpacking boxes are the next part of the routine.

I need more bookshelves. I've given away about all the books I can bear to part with.

Yep, more bookshelves are change I can live with. I'm workin' on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz