Girls Write Out
Friday, January 27, 2006

I have arachnophobia. No that's not entirely true. What I really have is Anything-With-More-Than-Four-Legsophobia. Because there are many disgusting creatures that don't have eight legs.

Take the thing I found crawling across my wall this morning. Definitely more than eight legs. In fact, more like eight million legs. It was brown and long and skinny and slithered. I'm shuddering just thinking about it. Of course Kevin is not home when I find this thing--he never is. So I do what all brave women do.

I get out the can of Raid. I am the queen of walk-by srayings, and I can tell you, it can even be done with your head turned and your eyes closed. I say this in case any of you haven't heard of the spray method. It's much less messy, can be done from a distance, and--the best part--it saves the evidence of said creature for my husband. (See, it really was that big.)

There is one caveat, however, as I learned this morning. I'm afraid you have to watch the disgusting creature until he dies. You don't have to stare it down, but you don't want to take your eyes off it for too long. Otherwise, it could crawl off and possibly live. Just like my slimy, brown centipede did this morning. Now, where did I put that can of Raid?
Anonymous  
posted at 9:30 AM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

BLEAH!!! Hate centipedes! Hate spiders! Hate cockroaches! Eeeeeeewwwwwwww I'm leaving the room...
Camy

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Just an FYI for all women scared of creepy crawlies all over the world - anything that sprays, kills. Hairspray? Yep. 409? No problem. And as a big shoutout to the dad on MBF Greek Wedding, Windex? You betcha!

When you see them as often as I do, you grab the first squirt bottle you can find. It's almost a game, really. "What kills roaches?" Although, admittedly, it's not my favorite game.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Chaos-Jamie said...

Shudder!!

Back when I lived in Married Student Housing (just the name gives you chills, doesn't it?) I learned all about centipedes crawling away to get you later. Did you know that scalding hot water doesn't kill them? They just go imobile until their legs dry, then they scamper off for later terror.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

EWWWWWWWWWW

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Corina Bowen said...

aaaaaagh!! I am now sitting with my feet up off the floor!!
Me the "tough gal" that can face down men who wanna kick my butt, serve warrants, run with the coroners office, and be in some creepy stuff..... freaks out when seeing a spider! aggh wolf spiders! Ok- I have to go walk around and think of other things!!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger writerlysoul said...

Or get this...I do the usual "girly" thing and scream for my husband when there is an unwanted insect (or worse!)in the same room as me. BUT...a few nights ago, after doing this very thing, my husband wads said bug up in tissue and tosses into trash can in bathroom, all the while reassuring me that he "got 'em." While I am relaxing a little later, bathing in a tub full of bubbles, the bug (not dead after all!) escapes the tissue and comes crawling out of the trash can! From now on, I need to see evidence of death!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger C.J. Darlington said...

So I take it you ladies won't be reading Brandilyn Collins' Web of Lies? Aw, come on. It's just fiction. :-)

 
At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i moved house yesterday. when i was unpacking my kitchen stuff (it's been in storage for 2 years coz i moved back to my parents house) i found a REDBACK spider and it raced across my benchtop. my friend squished it fortunately... but eewww!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz