Girls Write Out
Tuesday, February 28, 2006

MY NEST
Usually my "nest" is my chair with all my research books, laptop and laptop desk, pens, papers, notecards, manuscripts I need to endorse, and everything else necessary for a writer's life strewn around it. But hooray, I just turned Fire Dancer, so now I'm in the phenomenom known to us writers as "nesting." In other words, I'm in a flurry of cleaning activity.

I haven't quite figured out why we do this. I mean, subconsciously we know the place is going to go to pot again as soon as we enter the next book phase. I think it might be a reaction against the days I blank out the fact that there are three days worth of dishes in the kitchen or that my husband is wearing clothes from 1980 because that's all that's left in his closet. It's a way to prove to myself that I still have some small homemaker gene left hiding inside.

We've been laying tile and painting the laundry room, so all the miscellaneous stuff had ended up in my office. I could throw a handful of wildflower seeds on top of my coffee table and watch them grow if I wanted. It wasn't pretty. So I rolled up my sleeves yesterday and got to work. Now the house is all clean and sparkly, but I'm about to start Dangerous Depths. I fear my house may be dangerous by the time it's all over. So far no one has injured themselves walking through here while I'm writing, but I know it's going to happen one of these days. Then I'll have to write from a jail cell.
Colleen Coble  
posted at 7:07 AM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Rhonda Gibson said...

Laughing, well in a jail cell they deliver your meals... you won't forget to eat... Hehe

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Deborah Raney said...

Hey, I'm thinkin' a jail cell might be IDEAL for writing! No doorbell ringing, no unexpected guests dropping by, you probably can't get online, and you only get one phone call a week. Perfect!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger eileen said...

Think of the plot lines you'd get inside a jail cell. Wow! Enjoy the tidiness of your world at the moment.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Corina Bowen said...

LOL~ who likes housework anyway? hehe

 
At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clothes from 1980, huh? I'm having flashbacks of parachute pants, and ripped sweatshirts. And oh, the headbands....

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Pammer said...

ROFLOL! I think you came and peeked in my windows. I'm not published, but I go into that world too. You know, wildflowers in the living room on the coffee table, now that's a conversation piece. :0)

You just keep writing those wonderful books we love to read. Your hubby looks good in 80s clothes, doesn't he?

Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz