Girls Write Out
Tuesday, March 14, 2006

BEWARE: WRITER ON THE LOOSE
This is the first break I've had from writing in 2-1/2 years. My next deadline isn't until October 1st. I'm a free woman!! And that's a problem. Because, I'm also a bored woman who needs better clothes. See, when I sit in my office, I never actually notice that. But now that I'm out and about, I see I'm pretty durn tacky. Here's a costly universal truth: A woman with too much time on her hands must be in want of something new.

So I shopped the other morning online. I have my brands that I know fit me, and are soft (Joe's Jeans, Rebecca Beeson, Kashmere (cashmere sweaters)) and I figure why mess with a good thing when I have my faves? But here's another costly truth. Soft things cost money. So I don't think I'm going to be "free" for long. It costs too much. I think it's time to go back to work. I will add one thing. Lazy begets lazy. You know how they say if you want something done, ask the busy person. Well, I understand why that's true. I'm American Idle. I'm allowing myself to live in my world! Currently, I'm devoting myself to the study of American Idol, People Magazine (can someone please explain to me why Brad Pitt and Angelina are interesting? Because I really don't get it!), books America is talking about and self improvement. As Oprah would say, I'm in the midst of my AHA! moments. In layman's terms, I'm self-medicating for life in the country.
Anonymous  
posted at 10:57 AM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun photo Kristin!

 
At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree. lazy begets lazy. this weekend i procrastinated studying (quite successfully mind you, i still haven't done it) and i sat on the couch and stared at the tv and did NOTHING.

apart from watching one and a half seasons of Alias.

hahaha... then i just felt more lazy.

so now i'm at college with a 2 hour break, i brought my laptop (the university has an open wireless system) - and what am i doing? reading blogs. good one beth!

lazy definitely begets lazy!

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

WOW!!! Great book display!!!! And SHE'S ALL THAT is right there with the big players!!! You go, girl!!! And enjoy your "idle" time. You've earned it!!!

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not too much of this, Kristin! I won't be able to enjoy my lazy time... aka, reading your books... if you're not back to work soon! :)

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Shopping online is too dangerous. It's way too easy to point, click, buy...until the credit card bill arrives. I SPENT WHAT???!!! LOL

It's much more fun to shop in the mall. There I can at least chalk it up to research...people watching. ;o)

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

I don't know why Brad and Angie are interesting either. Go figure.

Rachel

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm WAY too impatient to shop also....I thought I was the only woman with that problem. I, too, used to work at the mall (mgr. for 8 LONG years.) My husband actually has to take my daughter shopping for clothes.

Now shopping for books is a whole different situation.....

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL...you look pretty glam to me, Kris! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz