Girls Write Out
Thursday, April 06, 2006

BFFL:
Best friends for life. On Sunday, I traveled "home" to Silicon Valley to see my neurologist. I had the time of my life!! Because I now live twenty-five minutes from anywhere, I have to tell you all the things I did within one square mile at "home":

1. Stayed at Maria's house (think Martha Stewart only Greek). She made up her guest room like the spa with candles, and a water pitcher -- plus she made quiche! And her husband taped "stupid" television shows for us, as the three of us have juvenile humor and we giggled until midnight.

2. Went to see some of our closest friends, Rich & Christina (Rich is the one battling terminal cancer -- not that you'd ever know it. He looks great, and I miss having him around as he worked at home and did my "honey-do" list while my hubby isn't the handy type.

3. Saw my Nana (she doesn't know me, but I just blathered on as though that didn't matter an iota!) She looks good, and I still see "her" in those blue eyes.

4. Went to Highway (old church) and they've bought a coffee shop -- hung out there (where my laptop died -- sigh)

5. Had lunch with Jackie & Maria -- my accountability girls and my, how I miss our lunches.

6. Had a bubble tea and took off for home.

7. Oh yeah, and I went to the neurologist! (the point of the trip.)

One square mile! What was I thinking to leave that cushy life?

On the way home, I met with Beth, my best friend since we were four. This is us at dinner.

These are the friends who have seen me at my best/worst. They knew me when I could have worn a bikini, and now, when they'd pay to make sure I don't. We have watched each other become mothers, leave our cars behind for minivans and trade our acne meds for wrinkle cream, our Calvin Kleins for mom jeans and...it only gets better! I wouldn't trade them for anything. Not even the chance to move back home! Because friends like this never leave you in spirit.
Anonymous  
posted at 11:04 PM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute are you in this photo Kristin! So cute, love the hair.

 
At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a good time! always great to catch up with old friends!

and hey, anyone named beth has to get MY vote :D

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

So many great thoughts, here. Thanks, Kristin (and I still hope you get to move to a home where it doesn't take a car to get coffee and phone service.) Blessings.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Sabrina L. Fox said...

Isn't it great to have friends like that? I have a girlfriend I see maybe once a year and we just pick up right where we left off. As if we see each other every day! I love that. Glad you had fun, Kristin. I actually had to look up Bubble Tea to see what it was the first time you talked about it. LOL.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

You funny, sweet ramblings brought tears to my eyes. My mother had Alzheimers, but I had the joy of her knowing me the last time I saw her alive. A blessing from God.

I have best friends in four corners of these United States, and like you, Kristin, I wouldn't trade my girlfriends for all all the coffee in Columbia. And now they know for sure how much they mean to me, the coffee diva (what my worship pastor has dubbed me)

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

How awesome to have a best friend since you were four. Really amazing and wonderful! I love the picture.

Sounds like you had a great time!

Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz