Girls Write Out
Monday, April 24, 2006

THE TIMES THEY ARE A'CHANGIN'
Have you ever noticed how things in your life can change SO FAST? This time last year I was beginning to think I would never see my kids married off and happy. I worried and fretted about them (don't email me and tell me worry is a sin--I already know it) and spent plenty of time in prayer over them. Well now Dave is getting married. Donna was worth the wait. One down, one to go. Then BAM! Kara is in love! Can you believe it? I'm smelling another round of wedding flowers. Rob was worth waiting for too. This is a picture of my two kids. Gorgeous, aren't the?

We moms are weird. I was talking to my brother on the phone last night about Kara and how much I was loving hearing her positively giddy about the new man in her life. My husband came in after I got off the phone. He leaned down and kissed me and said, "Our daughter isn't the only one giddy about it." I looked up in innocence. "Her mother is about as bad," Dave said.

And he's right. There's something in a mother that positively craves happiness for her kids. Suddenly the sky is bluer, the air smells fresher, the birds sound happier. My kids are in love, and their happiness is rubbing off. Friends would say it's because I can see grandchildren on the horizon. That's part of it of course. We had a bridal shower for Donna on Saturday and I got her ovulation test strips and pregnancy tests! LOL But it's not just that. Even if no grandchildren appeared, it makes a mom so happy to see her kids glowing and smiling.

And I'll admit the thought the grandbabies has me almost euphoric. So if you see this woman with a crazed look on her face haunting the baby aisle at Target, you better step out of the way. It might not be safe to approach her.
Colleen Coble  
posted at 10:49 AM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 6:56 PM, Blogger writerlysoul said...

Beautiful kids, Colleen! And you're right - seeing my kids happy and fulfilled is the best high there is!

Congratulations on your expanding family!

Love, Staci

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

LOL - I love it! Pregnancy kits for a wedding shower! Only a crazed wrier-mother could get away with that. :) But congratulations and be sure to send us all photos when those grandbabies start arriving!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Sabrina L. Fox said...

"We had a bridal shower for Donna on Saturday and I got her ovulation test strips and pregnancy tests!"

Ha Ha...You are twisted, lady! I love it. I bet it was the most talked about gift there. SMILE. You'll make a great Gram. Glad your kids are finding happiness.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

I'm so THRILLED for your kids! They are so sweet--and blessed to have you and Dave for parents!

I LOVE the shower present! I could be wrong, but you might be just a tad eager for this grandma thing. LOL

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I KNOW you're on cloud nine, C! Can't wait for you to post wedding photos! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz