Girls Write Out
Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ahhh, summer is here. The kids are home from school, the clothes are getting scantier, and now I get to deal with the least favorite thing about me. If you ask most people what part of their body they hate the most, they might say their gut. Or their nose. Or their legs. But not me. (okay, not exactly nuts about the legs either.)

I'd love to change skin with somone else. Just peel it off and slither into some nice, bronze-colored stuff. Skin that has a little melatonin in it. Skin that doesn't turn a glaring shade of red then flake off like a reptile. Oh, but I do have have melatonin. I have it in little bunches all over. It's called freckles. I'm spotted. How nice. And the sun makes me red and freckled at the same time. Thanks.

Denise, you say, all you have to do is wear sunscreen. Sure, I can do that (and I usually do). Then I get to remain pasty all summer, unable to wear white for fear people won't know where my skin ends and my clothes begin.

Ha. Ha. Denise, that's so silly, you say. Don't you know they make tanners for people like you? Of course I know it. I used to use them. But then Colleen got after me about how the color changes my skin to a tone that doesn't go to with my hair color and all my brightly colored clothes. When I use tanner now, I have nightmares of Colleen running at me with her her finger waggling, screaming, "That color is ALL wrong for you, D!" So I stopped using tanners.

Now, before you comment, I know I'm tan in the photo above. I used days of tanner to achieve that look, but it went with my hair when it was blond. Now I'm closer to brunette which looks much better with my natural (pasty) skintone. (Right Colleen??)
Anonymous  
posted at 8:34 AM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have light hair and light skin. and i go red. white or red. fortunately i then tan after i go red.

but my face is often quite red... unless i wear makeup. but then the makeup tends to make it MORE red. i'm never gonna win.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Malia Spencer said...

I tan everywhere but my face. My body will be brown and my face will be white. LOL I guess I need to try a tanner.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

My sister used to freckle only on one side of her forehead--yeah, she wore bangs for a long time. Somewhere in her thirties she started freckling more "evenly", at least as far as her forehead goes. Ithink it is an age thing in our family. The older I get, the more I freckle and burn. My girls tan but I'm wondering if they found that salon Kristin was writing about since they all look so wonderful--or maybe it's just youth.

Abundant blessings,

Jenny Cary

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

My girls and I tan, but hubby and son? Not so much. Actually, they just pink. And freckle. We should own stock in Coppertone.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Whine, whine. You are BEAUTIFUL, D! It's society that says we should tan. Smarter societies used to prize beautiful white skin. Winters look good with contrast (i.e. white skin, dark hair and eyes). So revel in your natural beauty!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

I'm whiter than you are - I dare you to a skin comparison contest! LOL I've yet to meet someone who doesn't look majorly tanned when compared to my complexion! =)

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Georgiana Daniels said...

I spend way too much time driving. The only part of me that's tanned is my left leg. Even my husband was laughing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz