Girls Write Out
Sunday, June 04, 2006

This is not my beautiful house...This is not my beautiful wife...
Do you remember that "Talking Heads" song? I find myself thinking of that song often in my life in the country. Life just never turns out how you expect it to. When I met my husband, he was a successful engineer and our courtship consisted of fine San Francisco dining and Broadway-style plays. Fast forward 14 years.

My husband and I cashed out and left the city. He now teaches PE part time at our children's school and loves it. I, who never even babysat, have four children. (I don't think I even held a newborn until my own.)

I was the prissiest little girl on the block. Currently, my cat is bringing me dead baby moles on my back porch, I've seen enough rattlesnakes where I don't get freaked out too much, and my daughter thinks caterpillars are pets. Last night she let a tree frog loose in my minivan. (Guess where it landed!) On me, naturally.

All this to say, you can plan your steps with an Excel spreadsheet, and I guarantee it won't turn out like you plan. God has some sort of surprise around the corner awaiting. I realize, as an author, He is the greatest Creative Mind ever and we are only little pebbles of sand off the Great Rock. But here's the thing God, this is the black moment in the book. This is where You write me out of this fiasco. Readers love the happy ending!! (And it's a joke, please don't email me a Bible verse on being grateful!)

Oh hey, while on my trip to Seattle, I got to thinking everyone should have a Spa Date. I got this great, authentic Pink Leather Coach bag filled with two of "She's All That" and "A Girl's Best Friend", the Spa Girls Collection so far -- one set for you, one for your Spa Girl. I'll be randomly selecting one of the people getting my newsletter for this great bag and two beach reads for your own Spa Weekend (even if you can't get away.) If you already get my newsletter, you're already signed up! www.KristinBillerbeck.com
Anonymous  
posted at 11:40 PM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Betsy St. Amant said...

YAY! Great idea, girl!

Pink IS my signature color... =)

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

I totally understand about this being the black moment! I'm waiting for my happy ending or even a small window so that I can see the sunlight.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Totally girly and wonderful! I love spa dates. And if all I can get is a pedicure, I'm still in Heaven. I knwo that Heaven will be paved not in gold, but in ice cream with chocolate stepping stones and a spa on every corner.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Sabrina L. Fox said...

I had my first pedicure last year. Sheesh, had I been missing out. LOL. Although I did realize I'm not comfortable with men that aren't my husband touching me. Even on my legs. ;)

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Just Nancy said...

I saw this and said, Oh, I need to get on the mailing list, then I discovered I already am! Yea, me!

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

Oooooh I so get this being the black moment part of your life. I'm totally there with you.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Terry said...

I had a man do a pedicure for me last summer and I thought he was going to rub all the skin off my lower extremities! When I left the salon, my lower legs and feet were bright red. I looked like I had been in the sun for hours! What really made me sad was that I wimped out and tipped him anyway. He kept asking me, 'you feel good'. I was screeching and grimmacing the entire time. He must have thought I was delirious with pleasure! I was delirious alright, and there was nothing pleasurable about it! LOL!

 
At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've got the books - LOVE THEM, but the bag?! whoah! i was getting your newsletter, but i haven' seen one in awhile, now that i think about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz