Girls Write Out
Wednesday, August 30, 2006

AGE SPOTS
Sheesh, Denise, did you have to start that whole conversation about our faces? You may have one pore that has a bit of a problem, but I've got a whole faceful of problems. I realized what was wrong recently, thanks to Denise too. I said something about my freckles. I've had them since I was a child. Denise says, "You don't have freckles." I said, "I cover them up with makeup."

Wrong. I scrutinized my face recently and realized what I'd been calling freckles was skin discoloration and AGE SPOTS. The freckles were indeed gone. Eek! No one ever told me that I'd get age spots. I'm on hormones, people, and have been since my early twenties! Isn't that supposed to stop these dreaded things from appearing? After this revelation, I began piling on more makeup and haunting the counters at Ulta. Nothing. Nada. The skin just continued to look like I'd developed a bad case of measles.

I love my readers. They bring so much to my life. Trust one of them to rescue me. One of my readers, Emily Hildebrandt, emailed me to tell me how much she liked a book. We chatted back and forth a bit and a week or so later she asked me if I'd ever heard of Arbonne. Um no. I sensed a sales pitch coming. LOL She's a consultant and sent me some samples of the anti-aging system. I forgot them when I went on a trip (shows you how much I thought they'd help)and she asked me how I liked them. I dug them out from under the pile of books to be read, research material and old mail.

Two days later I'm in awe. I kid you not, my skin seemed to GLOW! And the discolorations are fading. They're not gone yet, but the lines at my eyes nearly are. This stuff is fabulous! Do you think I could bathe in it? LOL They have something for you young things too. If you're interested in having a sample, I asked Emily if I might pass along her email. Here it is: emily.hildebrandt@gmail.com

I think it's hilarious the way we women have to share these things. I went to church Sunday and told everyone about it. My friend Sandra peered at my face and said, "I can see a difference around your eyes." It was hilarious the way we take it so seriously. But hey, anything to battle Father Time. LOL

Want to share a beauty tip with me or the girls? Lay it on us! Just don't tell us to have plastic surgery. Shudder. I don't like knives unless I'm killing someone in a book.
Colleen Coble  
posted at 6:51 AM  
  Comments (13)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
13 Comments:
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great story. My sis is a part-time Mary Kay rep and she gave me this eye gel called Indulge soothing eye gel. I know I'm a nerd, but she told me to keep it in the fridge and put it under my eyes when I get up early to write. I do! It's fantastic! Feels so good. It's part of my writing routine now! :)
If you want a sample let me know and I can pass your info on! Or just keep your own brand of eye gel in the fridge! atforkner@yahoo.com

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arbonne ROCKS! I had never heard of it either until this past winter. I very hesitantly (I'd fallen for other sales pitches in the past) began to use the anti-aging system and, by George, my skin looks radiant, younger, and smooth. Something I haven't had in a long time! LOVE the stuff. Can't say enough good things about it!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

My character in my current WIP told me just the other that age spots are basically singed skin brought on by hot flashes.

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Age spots??! That's nothing. Get a load of this. Have you ever seen on seniors (I'm not giving an age) those moles that are light brown? Not the cute beauty mark kinds, but the ones that grow OUT of your skin and are flappy? Well, if you know what I'm talking about then you can imagine my horror to discover that I'm growing my own!! And just underneathe my...well let's just say that it's south of my neck and north of my belly-button. Now, here's the really bad part. I'm in my 20's. As in 26 to be exact. If this is happening now, I'll be a mess by the time I'm 40. AAAHHHHH!!

Well, I guess there is always surgery, and I have considered it, but I'll wait until I have a few more before braving the knife! LOL!!

Here's to anti-aging products!
Flappy
(too embarrassed to sign my real name)

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I'm emailing her immedaitely! Anything I can do to rob Father Time, I'm all for! Thanks for sharing. You'll see a younger Me at conference! LOL

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

I used to do Mary Kay and the one beauty tip that really stuck with me has to do with scents. When trying a new scent-taste it (put a bit on the back of your hand and lick it). If its really bitter and yucky-its a really bad scent for you. However if its more tangy-its a good scent.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I am so glad you love Arbonne! I've been a consultant since January, and have been thrilled with all the products. They really are amazing! Glad you discovered them!

erinsneedham@hotmail.com

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Sally said...

I've tried Arbonne and Mary Kay...Mary Kay is WAY better...and MUCH more affordable, too.

In fact, I've always bought one or 2 things from Mary Kay, but a friend just started selling it and she had a class and showed me how to use all of it -- I'm now fully stocked on cleansing, moisturizing and make-up...AND it's about half the price of the department store cosmetics.

Sorry to all you Arbonne reps out there, but I’m recommending Mary Kay (just look at how long they’ve been around)…hmmm, maybe I should start selling Mary Kay. =)

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Sabrina L. Fox said...

I love AVON Clinical Facial Skin peel. Your pores just shrink up. Can't hardly see them. It's like $25 for a two month supply. I had been out for a while and just ordered some...can't wait to get it.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Oo that Indulge stuff sounds great. Eyes are the worst part of getting older. Sigh. Those droopy lids and the lines around the eyes. Shall we just say it's obvious I laugh a lot? LOL

I know about the light brown things, Anonymous. They're called skin tags. My son has a lot of them. Just so you know, the doctor told him that a lot of those means you're more susceptible to diabetes so watch your soda!

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diabetes?? Well that explains it, I guess. We do have a family history...sigh. I'm just not sure I can give up my pepsi. But since it's in the blood (family, that is) I'll be watching. Thanks!

(still not signing my name. LOL!)

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to hear good news about Arbonne...I just signed up as a consultant last night.


Leslie - that's interesting - I've never heard about tasting your perfume!

What I want to know is how many of you immediately ran out and tried it :-)

I didn't - but I haven't put my perfume on yet.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

*chuckle*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz