Diann Hunt and I often joke that we are the people things happen to. If there's someone who's going to step in dog doo or have food fall down their shirts, it's us. I think we have big red X's on our backs and provide the comic relief for God sometimes. Now that I'm back in Silicon Valley, here's just this week's encounters and probably why I write humor. Life here is just funnier.
1. Walking my daughter to school, I see a woman, lifting her hands like a good charismatic in worship and praising a redwood tree. My daughter's training wheels interrupted the "energy" vibe, apparently. Dirty look ensues before more praising of the tree takes place.
2. Bumper sticker today: "You looked better on MySpace."
3. Outside Los Gatos Coffee Shop, all these skinny little women in yoga pants are gathered outside a yoga studio. One woman is outside screaming into her cell phone. I go to the coffee shop, wait in line, return around the corner, and Miss Zen Yoga, still screaming into the cell phone. So the question remains, can you have Namaste (the peaceful closing time of Yoga) when you've only screamed your negative energy at someone else? Hmmm. Silicon Valley points to ponder.
4. Coming home from walking my daughter to school again. Two men in the driveway, a toddler SCREAMING bloody murder and his dad saying, "I have to go to work, and so does Daddy Josh." (Gay couples have whiny kids too, FYI).
5. Seen outside the Monterey Bay Aquarium (they have a white shark, so we went again!) a dog fully dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt on his owner's back in a kidpack.
P.S. Make that THREE broken arms. My oldest hairline fractured his arm on a scooter this weekend. Sigh.http://www.kristinbillerbeck.com/