Girls Write Out
Wednesday, October 04, 2006

GROWING PAINS
This is Diann, Denise, me and Lynne Ford at the WBCL radio station. The girls threatened my life if things didn't go well at the interview this morning, but I knew our wonderful Lynne would make sure they were at ease. But just in case, I went fully loaded with caffeine--ready to rescue my chicks if necessary.

I got there first. When Di came in, she had one of those looks. You know the one I mean--like a cat that's been scared to death and just might claw your face off if you so much as touch it. Denise breezed in last wearing a smile I knew was fake. "It's going to be fun," I promised them again. They narrowed their eyes at me and gave me a look that would have shut up a lesser woman.

When they saw the size of the mic, their eyes got even bigger if possible. Then we saw what Lynne had by each of our mics--a DeBrand truffle.I knew I loved that woman. We'd brought her some truffles as well so we were ALL in a good mood. We were ready to dish. Lynne fit our group like she was a missing piece.

Then it got ugly. Lynne asked us each to tell something about the others that people might not know. Denise said, "Be kind." I was. I told about her being a girly girl in a male household. I could have said she alphabatizes her spices but I was nice. I told about Diann's wonderful voice. But was Denise nice back? N-O-O-O. She said I was "strong-willed." She's still bitter about that middle aged argument where you all agreed with me. I think I'm hurt.

As we walked out, the girls were raving about how much fun it was. I preened. Okay, it probably sickened them, but after listening to them whine about how I'd gotten them into a live interview, I deserved it. I have to drag those girls kicking and screaming sometimes, but it's for their own good. If they'd only remember when they next need to grow!

If you'd like to listen to the interview, go to www.wbcl.org. Click on Mid Morning then click on Weekly Schedule. Look for Tuesday and you'll see the link to click to listen. If we sound like driveling idiots, please don't tell us!
Colleen
Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:58 AM  
  Comments (16)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
16 Comments:
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Sabrina L. Fox said...

LOL. It was a great interview. Your friendship conveyed through the speakers. Very good job, ladies.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Megan DiMaria said...

So -- what's wrong with alphabetizing your spices? I've done it for years. LOL

 
At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love Lynne Ford. She comes to our women's retreat to do workshops. She is the best speaker and the most amazing person! I am sure you all did great with your interview!Jeane W.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Lynne Ford is grace personified. She totally put us at ease (even when she asked me about my take on the war in Iraq). We had a great time, and trust me on this one, I don't have a great time at interviews. This is a miracle akin to the parting of the Red Sea.

Thank you, Lynne! :-)

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am proud of you girls! A real, live studio interview is a blast. I'm off to listen!

Katy McKenna www.fallible.com

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Ooooh, not home right now and the computer I'm using won't open the interview--bummer. But I'm a little jealous. I too was interviewed on radio with a friend--but I don't remember feeling as relaxed as you all look in that pic!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger eileen said...

Well done....great job...caffeine and chocolate! What more could you want? Oh, maybe Kristin??

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

It's hard to believe that ANY of you were nervous during the interview! You did well! Surprising at first, though, to hear your mid-western accents. :) (In reading a blog or a novel, the voice "sound" is missing...!)

P.S. Denise, I've alphabetized the spices--AND the books on our shelves, too. How else can you find them?

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Sheesh, D, is there a difference between strong willed and HAVING a strong will? LOL

I adore Lynne! She's the most fun gal in the world.

where do you live Pam S, that you think WE have an accent? LOL

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

I alphabetize my spices, too--within their categories. (???)
: )

Bet the interview was fun. Wish I could have heard it.

Had a wonderful and big birthday during the conference. I have to look up that middle-age argument!
What was the conclusion? Middle-age women are wise and wonderful, right? : )

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Alphabetize your spices? Oh, ladies! You'd die if you saw my spice drawer!

And Colleen, they'll thank you one day for your brilliance at marketing.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

I have spices from our natural foods store thrown into ziplocks - it stinks when I forget to label them and have to sniff spices to figure out what to use. Makes some interesting dishes sometimes. Hard to alphabetize ziplocks! :) But labelling isn't a bad idea, I suppose.

By the way, I just bought ALL 3 of Denise's books today (never read them before so I'm excited), AND the new book by you, Colleen, as well as the final Aloha series book and my missing copy of the Without a Trace. I'm so excited and my husband is rolling his eyes at our new credit card balance. BUT I AM HAPPY - therefore he is happy. Wait'll I break it to him that next month it's Kristin and Diann month!!!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Heather Diane Tipton said...

I need to go listen to this! Robin and I tried to listen to it while we were both sitting in her office working but we missed it, we got the time wrong. :-(

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Ah, Jaime, your little one is so cute! I miss those days.

I can't believe how many anal spice alphabetizing people we have! I just had my villain alphabetize his soups. LOL

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't alphabetize ANYTHING...I'm blessed if it ends up in the right cabinet. My sister does, though...but she's got OCD...hmmmm...now that I think about it, Denise? LOLOLOLOLOL

The interview rocked!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz