Girls Write Out
Tuesday, September 19, 2006

AH LOVE!
Muscular, sexy, a touch that thrills me, responsive to my every desire. No it's not my husband (though he's all that too). It's my new MACBOOK! Oh my gosh, you guys, it is fabulous! I've been a Windows girl ever since I picked up my first DOS machine and learned all the code. I was such a nerd I could BUILD those machines. Who would have thought I would fall in love when I first laid my fingers on the keys of this baby?

My poor Sony sits forlorn in the corner. Abandoned and ignored after giving me so many good years. Poor baby, it knows how an abandoned wife feels. I almost feel sorry for it until this little darling draws my attention back. I'm a total convert. The learning curve wasn't bad either. About a day and I was totally comfortable with it and didn't have to think about what to do.

Here are the advantages: it goes to sleep and wakes up INSTANTLY. A big plus for an impatient person like me when it comes to my computer; FAST, a wonderful keyboard to touch. BRILLIANT display, really cool software that works right out of the box, a terrific email program that lets me put in a tiny jpg of people's faces. When I get an email from Deb Raney, her pretty face smiles back at me. Very cool!

so what about you? Are you ready to divorce your lackluster Windows machine? I'm never going back. it's a brave new world!
Colleen Coble  
posted at 9:56 AM  
  Comments (11)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
11 Comments:
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Anne Mateer said...

I've been scared to take the leap (and since my laptop is still less than a year old, I won't be jumping in anytime soon) BUT we just got our kids an iMAC and it is so cool! In just a few hours I was convinced that my next laptop would be in the same vein. I can't believe years of Windows could be swayed so quickly!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Tina Ann Forkner said...

Colleen, you tempt us! I would love one, but I have a few books to go before I can get away with trading in my almost brand new Windows version. Someday!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

I LIKE the pink!

I know. That's in reference to yesterday's post. But I'm a day behind.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Jenny B. Jones said...

Can you tranfer files easily between the Mac and PC (as in work on a document on one, then switch, then switch back)? Macs seem so cool. And I love to see web pages built with them.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm SO jealous! I'll covet! LOL

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger allen etter said...

I teach a photoshop class in the morning at IPFW campus using PCs but during the afternoon I teach the exact same class with Macs...I'm still on the fence.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

That is so exciting! We are about to take the plunge into MAC world, and I am almost giddy.

Enjoy :)

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Jennifer, you can trade files with no problem. I just copied all my files over on a flash drive and they opened right up in Word. I haven't had a single problem yet!

Trish, you will be even giddier when you lay your hands on it for the first time. I don't know why I waited so long!

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used a MAC at a job a few years ago. It took me a while to get used to it- only because it seemed to easy. When I wanted to delete- just drag to the trach can. I was amazed! I am back to Windows now, but really would like to try MAC again. They have cool media features that are easy to use!!

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband was a die hard PC user. He's a programmer. He bought a MACBOOK and loves it. Now he has a MAC desktop computer.

I'm feeling rather envious and I haven't even tried one out yet lol. He keeps showing me all the cool features and capabilities.

My laptop is old and I'm hoping to convince him to replace it with a MACBOOK before too long. :)

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Margo Carmichael said...

I told dh just today I was thinking I'd rather have a Mac. I've about had it with this contraption.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz