Girls Write Out
Monday, January 01, 2007


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Whoohoooo!!! Another year! This year I’m going to lose 35 pounds, exercise more, spend less time on email, read more, eat less, cook more, study more, and give up chocolate.

Okay, so I lied.

I’ll slug along for another year, hopefully lose the same five pounds I’ve been tossing around for the past ten years (and ignore the other thirty pounds that have been following me since 1995). I’ll cut my email down by, oh, I don’t know, maybe one and a half minutes a day. I’ll walk on the treadmill, say, once a month (hey, it beats my current physical workout of walking to the refrigerator). As to the chocolate part, it ain’t gonna happen. Chocolate has been my friend for years, and we’re not about to part company now.

Still, the truth is I do have some resolutions planned. I plan to laugh more, feel more, smell more, see more, dig deeper into spiritual things and just plain enjoy the journey more this year than ever before.

So how about you? What kind of resolutions are you tackling this year? Please, don’t anyone tell me you’re giving up chocolate. It would depress me, and well, this is New Year’s Day and all.

P.S. Hot Tropics & Cold Feet just hit the store shelves! Free copies to the first five people who email me privately at: diann@diannhunt.com.


Diann Hunt  
posted at 10:12 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Well, I pulled out my New Year's resolution list from 2006 to see how I'd done this year. Not very well. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to have all the same resolutions for 2007....But the good news is, I just had to cross out "2006" and write in "2007" on the list, so that saved me time. LOL.

Blessings on you in 2007, Diann (and to the other "girls write out" girls)!
Pam

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

LOL Pam!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Dana said...

I love your resolution to enjoy the journey more this year! :)

My husband and I are missionaries and will be moving to Africa this year. I'm terrified of the food so hopefully I'll lose weight. I did find out you can get coffee and chocolate in Africa. Whew. That's a load off!!

Enjoy 2007!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger eileen said...

2006 was such an up and down ride, including a first contract, I can hardly wait to see what the Lord has in store for 2007. For one, I hope for closer friendships. I'm so blessed to get to "know" peeps in the writing world.

Happy New Year GWO! I love reading about your daily lives.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I plan to use this earthly house up good. Like you, I want to live life to its fullest!

The only thing you left out, Di, is

TASTE MORE! :o)

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Thanks to all who responded for my book. I'll be sending out the copies soon!

ROTFLOL, Pam! That is a positive spin if I've ever heard one! You go, girl!

Oh WOW, blessings on your journey, Dana! Keep us posted, okay?

It's a great journey, isn't it, Eileen? Wishing God's best for you this year!

You are SO RIGHT, Ane!! What was I thinking? Of course, TASTE more is at the top of my list. *g*

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Great resolutions, Di. Don't see the bar too high. LOL.

I resolve to be resolved.

Love, Rachel

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Ooo, I forgot to say congrats on Hot Tropics and Cold Feet. I had a preview and it's very funny, y'all. Very, very good read!

R

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Hey Diann! Thanks for the encouragement. I'll be checking in on the blog and keeping up with you (and so I know what books to ask for from those who want to send care packages). Visit our website any time www.jonathananddana.com and my blog where I document our journey into missions (after leaving my CPA job) www.jonathananddana.com/dana. Thanks for the interest and encouragement. We're super excited!

Thank each of you wonderful authors for allowing God to use you for 'our' benefit. :) I sure am grateful for you!!

~Dana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz