Girls Write Out
Sunday, March 25, 2007












PEOPLE ARE GOOD

In spite of the pictures of our Hawaii trip, this post isn't about the trip. But notice the clan on the porch of our house. You get a glimpse of the great time we had. The picture of us three Coble girls at the luau says it all too. And the final pic is the view from our house. Awesome, isn't it? For more pictures, go to Poipu Connections website at:; http://www.poipuconnection.com/poipu-hale-kahakai/index.html

We were met in Honolulu by Malia Spencer. That's her with me on her dad's boat. She ran me and my girls all over the island and we hit all the best shopping areas. She didn't have to do that. I didn't ask. She just jumped in there and did it. She brought me Hawaiian coffee. Now THAT'S a friend!

When we got to the house, I had a little mishap. People don't call me Grace for no reason, by the way. The yard didn't have lights on, and I fell into a lava rock garden. I screamed as I went down. Kara was calling, "Mama, are you okay?" "No, I'm not," I wailed. She waded through the darkness along with both Daves and Donna to haul me to my feet, minister to the blood, find me sandals to replace the ones I broke in the fall, and find me a shirt to replace the torn one. Great family! But that's not the whole story either. When I told realtor Anne Wachler about the fall, she had someone out there the next day to put in lights. And it wasn't because I asked her to. She genuinely cared. Incidentally, she saw my post about wandering around looking for wireless and asked if I wanted wireless in there for next time! LOL

Ever been on a zodiac raft? If you sit in the front, it's supposed to be an adventure. In the back is for old ladies. Well, I was game. I'm only nineteen in my heart, after all. I could take an adventure. I sat in the front on the edge of the rubber raft, locked my foot under a rope on the floor and held onto the rope for dear life. When we took off, I hollered, "Whooohoo" every time we hit a bump and went airborne. Within half an hour, my whoohooing had turned to a faint wail of pain. Every muscle in my neck, back, shoulders and arms was begging for mercy. During a lull, my sweet Donna stood up and announced she was moving to the old lady seats in the back of the boat and she was taking me with her. LOL Even though I was gamely trying to hang onto the adventure, she was rescuing me without being asked.

Dave Jr, Donna and Kara cooked some so I didn't have to do it all. I'm used to always thinking about what will make the kids happy, and it was a treat to be so well taken care of this past week. Everywhere I turned this past week, strangers and loved ones were looking out for one another.

It might be Kaua'i, but I don't think so. I think when you look for the good in life, you'll find it. So here's your chance to toot someone else's horn. Who has done something sweet and unexpected for you lately? Who is the person who restores your hope in humanity?
Colleen Coble  
posted at 5:15 PM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

It is such a bummer that even though we "think" nineteen, our bodies shout "babyboomer!"

The schtick I'm doing in the play I'm in will definitely be my last. I get a new bruise every rehearsal.

Still, I hate to give up. I want to go screeching into the grave, shouting, "Whatta ride!!!!!"

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Isn't that the truth? but I'm not counting years any more. You're as young as you want to be so I'm sticking at nineteen. LOL

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

Welcome back Colleen!! Now get a new book published, I'm dying for more Coble material to creep me out at night! :)

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Jaime, you are a sick puppy. LOL

Hey, I got an ARC of Abomination. It's SO cool! I'm eager to hear what you think of it!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

Ooo - do share! :) lol
Can't wait!!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger eileen said...

Wow. And to think I thought you might be in TX last week. LOL What an amazing view! So glad you're family blessed you. My daughter Sarah is a super encourager and blesses me often. (Vexes me at times too, but we won't go there.) On the heels of a rejection Friday, she grasped my shoulders and made me repeat "I have confidence in my writing." Now that's a cheerleader. And my 19yo heart did a backflip.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Aw, Eileen, that's so sweet! What a great girl!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Great pics, Colleen! Glad you're back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz