Girls Write Out
Monday, March 19, 2007
PICTURE THIS

I've been in Hawaii and I'm now back on the mainland. There is good and bad to everything. In this case, I had the beauty of Kauai (a good thing) but no internet access in our house. (bad thing.)

I thought I'd prepared for this. I bought temporary dial-up access. Then when we arrived, I realized my MacBook had only a wireless modem. Catastrophe! Then I realized with all the nice houses around, surely someone had wireless. I fired up by laptop and sure enough several popped up. First I tried stalking the yard for the strongest signal. I found if I put the laptop on the stone fence facing the neighbors, I could get one bar. The only problem with this was it sprinkles a lot in Hawaii and I didn't want to get my computer wet. Not to mention how stupid I looked out there.

So then I walked through the house but couldn't find a strong enough signal. I finally found a corner of our bedroom where I could get one bar if I propped the computer on the lampshade. I looked pretty dorky but no one saw but Dave and he already knows I'm weird.

I might not have bothered except for one thing--my edits were coming, and you all know how I LOVE them. So there I was on Monday stalking the bedroom corner until I got them. I'd promised Erin not to work on them while I was in Hawaii, and I kept my promise, but let me just say now that only Hawaii could have kept me from them. LOL
Colleen Coble  
posted at 1:11 PM  
  Comments (4)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
4 Comments:
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Such a glutton for punishment you are, Colleen! I'd like to think that if it were me in Hawaii,I would have gleefully hung out on the beach sans the laptop (but I know that's really a big lie--lol--I'm too curious, too).

Welcome back!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

It's good to be back--the land of wifi and my recliner! LOL

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL...but I SO missed you! Still, glad you had a nice time, even if you were wifi-less!

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Glad you had a nice time in Hawaii! Lucky you!

I laughed when I read your description of your "hunt for the wireless." We're so dependent on our computers and the Internet these days, aren't we? It wasn't all that long ago (was it?) that we were using typewriters.... Look how far we've come: even "wifi" (or whatever it's called)!

I have an older computer in my classroom (Windows 98). The students love to make fun of its cumbersomeness, its floppy drive, its monitor, its slow connection, etc. (Secretly I fondly remember that once upon a time it was the best computer we had at the school.) They use the same tone for the cassette player and video player: passe!

Hope the edits are going well.

Pam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz