Girls Write Out
Friday, September 21, 2007
So everyone's gone. I have the run of the blog. I'm going to post again, not because I have something to say, but because I have no one to say it to. The girls are at ACFW in Dallas.

First subject: Environmentalists. Really, it's impossible to be an environmentalist if you're going to live an elitist life. Yet, who do we have preaching to us? Al Gore. How big is his house? Is it on the grid? I mean, if you live in an 8000 square foot house, you already use three times the energy of your average family, so it's annoying he's preaching at us. Not to mention his use of a private jet. Show of hands, how many of you have ever been on one?

There are environmentalists I respect. And I respect the cause. I would love to turn my fixer upper into a house off the grid. Solar panels would be great -- but right now, I have to just deal with plumbing issues -- I'm environmental in that I recycle this old house. Incidentally, Larry Hagman (JR) lives in a huge house, and he is totally off the grid, sells to the grid, and supports poor families to do the same. THAT is putting your life where your mouth is.

Next subject: OJ Simpson. Okay, first off, he is so guilty of killing his wife, and if you don't think so, I suggest you go revisit the trial now that we know what DNA is. His, Nicole's and Ron Goldman's were everywhere -- there's an absolute trail. And I think it's so sad that race came into that trial -- though I do realize it's a real issue in the world. Okay, but that's not what I want to talk about. I watched him walk out of court and I visibly gasped. His girlfriend is a dead ringer (no pun intended) to Nicole Brown. And I'm sorry, but even if you thought the man was innocent, do you really want a man who wants the same cookie cutter "type"? That is trademark for an abuser. Nicole and Ron Goldman, may you rest in peace.

Oh and I had lunch with a friend who brought me a new purse (yellow fake Tod's) from China. I have a new supplier. I so love my friends. : ) Kristin
Kristin  
posted at 8:10 PM  
  Comments (13)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
13 Comments:
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Malia Spencer said...

Kristin, I'm totally feeling you on this. Gore just irritates me no end. When it comes down to it, he just needs to shut and put his money where his mouth is, you know?

Don't even get me started on OJ. LOL

Most of my friends are off at conference too so thanks for the reading material. :)

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Kristy Dykes said...

Wasn't it Nicole? Not Denise? Isn't Denise her sister? Fuzzy here.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, you're totally right, Kristy. I'll fix it. I just saw Denise on Oprah so my brain is slow. : )

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I thought the same thing when I saw his girlfriend. Who would want to date him anyway?

Kristin, I gotta tell you I love how you rant so freely on your blog. You crack me up!

Enjoy your new purse!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Brittanie said...

Kristin I agree with you completely. Have you seen that show on HGTV Living with Ed?

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Heather said...

ROFL . . .you should hear the dh get started on the environmental thing. He heard someone talk about all the stuff GWB does with his house in Crawford that's environmentally conscious, then compared him to Gore.

OJ . . . I'm so hoping that man gets major jail time for these offenses. I haven't seen the pics of thes new girlfriend. I'm thinking you have to be insane to date the man in the first place regardless of how much you do or don't look like Nicole!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Brittanie, I'm married to Ed. Insert coaching soccer and Christianity in the place of environmentalism, and that is my husband. My kids hate to watch the "dad" show, so I have to watch it myself. LOL

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Dennis Miller says that environmentalists worry more about the leaky exhaust on the car carrying the car bomb, than the bomb itself.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Dawn, that is hysterical! Also, we can do what we like here, but wow, the Asian countries are a mess smog wise -- and cows are the biggest polluters believe it or not. Still, I want to do what I can, but I don't want to listen to the likes of rich people who use twice the resources the rest of us do.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Kristin--right on with the Gore comments. I got so irritated last year during the Oscars when everyone on the red carpet went on and on and on about being "green." Yes, I think we can do what we can to help the environment, but come on there were hundreds of people at the oscars and I bet none of them carpooled!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Brittanie said...

Kristin Are yall going to particpate in the Fall Reading Challenge? All the details are on Katrina's site www.callapidderdays.blogspot.com

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Bethanie, hadn't heard of it, I'll check it out.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kris...next year you're coming to conference so you won't be alone! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz