Girls Write Out
Tuesday, October 14, 2008



WEEKEND WHIRLWIND
I have the best husband in the world. No really. Saturday was his 60th birthday but instead of celebrating, he was hauling me around to three different booksignings from Friday to Sunday. On Friday, we went to Grand Rapids for a fun night at Baker Book House. Chris and Sally took us to the BEST fish restaurant. Wish I could remember the name of it. I had salmon with a mango salsa in honor of our upcoming trip to Hawaii. Fabulous! We stayed at the Hilton at the airport (I had free points) and I'd never stayed at a full fledged Hilton before. I was ready to move in! LOL

On Saturday Dave hauled me over to Holland to the new bookstore Jude 3 which was terrific. They had Anathema at such a great price, I bought ten copies myself! Then we made a flying trip down to meet Dave and Donna (with Alexa) for dinner. The kids got Dave a dual digital frame that he is CRAZY about. He'd been whining for one for about two weeks but I put him off because I knew the kids were planning to get him one. Dave had it all loaded with pictures of Alexa for Dave Sr. Hubby couldn't wait to get it fired up!

We got up on Sunday at 5 for a three hour drive to Parke County, Indiana for the Covered Bridge Festival. Oh my. It was the most wonderful festival I've ever gone to! They had me front and center and Cathy Harkrider kept announcing that I was there. I sold a TON of books. My arm was sore yesterday. LOL There was just so much to see all over the county--buggy rides, bus trips to see all 32 covered bridges, crafts, fabulous food. I want to go again when I'm not sitting at a table. LOL I had the best barbeque and then some soup beans cooked over an open fire. Very fun! There was so much I didn't get to see, but next time I will stay longer!

So that was Dave's birthday weekend. Not much fun for him but he's such a treasure. I'm going to keep him for sure!
Colleen Coble  
posted at 9:28 AM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

I LOVE Covered bridges! :) Sounds like you had a fabtabulous weekend and I'm glad your book signings went so great. I had to laugh when you said you bought 10 copies of your own book! :)

Nice snazzy red jacket in the pics by the way and you guys are a
keee-yoot couple! :)

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Dave!

Sounds like you guys had fun. You'll have to come out to Lancaster some time and see our covered bridges. I'm not sure how many we have though. Might not be 32.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Something tells me Dave loved every minute of it--because he loves YOU! Hawaii sounds fabulous too. We're heading off to NY this weekend, and I can't wait! Although, I'm thinkin' a trip to the tropics should be next on the list...:)

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I don't think we have any covered bridges here in Australia. I'd love to see some (not just in pictures).
Hmm ... 10 copies of your own book. I guess I might do the same if I ever wrote a book.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I love covered bridges too. It's so, so HISTORICAL. LOL

You're right, Julie. He was just happy to be with me. What a guy!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

Happy belated birthday, Dave. My mom turned 60 on the 8th.

Sounds like you had a terrific weekend, C. Such sacrificial love on Dave's part. Looks like he had a great time too.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Definitely a keeper! Don't let him go, Colleen! Happy birthday, Dave!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Nise' said...

Well shoot, I wish I had known you were in my area, I would have come out to visit!! My SIL celebrated her 60th last Friday and a good friend celebrated her 60th last Sunday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz