Girls Write Out
Thursday, December 18, 2008

Are you caught up in the Christmas frenzy yet? Baking, parties, shopping, musicals . . . . makes me tired just typing about it.

BUT you know how I love Christmas! There is something delightfully magical about the season. Trees and housetops sparkling white from a new-fallen snow, people bundled in warm woolen mittens and scarves, carrying packages, laughing together.

Did you just hear the sound of a needle scratch across an old LP record (for those of you who are old enough to remember)?

Okay, so people aren't laughing together. In fact, they're not laughing at all. They're shoving each other away from the store registers. Babies are cranky, Moms are cranky. With empty pockets, Dads are tired and sitting on benches in the middle of the mall. Grandmas sit on the same benches with a silent plea for the rapture.

I see their pain but for the life of me, it doesn't register. With a kick in my boots, I walk happily past them and wave while Kenny G and Amy Grant croon Christmas songs from  my iPod. 

The bench people want to hurt me.

Even in the hustle-bustle of it all, I'm thankful for the birth of our Savior and the joy this season brings. Nothing can deter me. I saw an awesome quote the other day, "Look for the hidden gifts in every moment."  Isn't that cool? Sometimes we have to dig a little harder, but it's there. 

How about you? How's your Christmas season so far?


Diann Hunt  
posted at 8:40 AM  
  Comments (10)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
10 Comments:
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Amber Zimmerman said...

I am right there with you. . .I love the season and am getting ready to go Christmas shopping right now. I'll admit - I need a good stiff Starbucks to enlighten my shopping experience - but 'tis the season! =)

I've learned from the best. . .Mom. =)

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Thanks, sweetie! :-)

I guess you all are out shopping and spreading Christmas cheer! LOL!

Have a Merry Christmas, all!!!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Mine is now wonderful beyond measure! I saw a beloved friend's family rescued at the last moment from foreclosure by the generosity of a community. Yes, even in these hard times! It blessed my socks off. If there wasn't a gift under the tree with my name on it, it wouldn't matter to me. I received mine today, watching this family praising God. :D

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Oh, wow, that's awesome, Ane!! Now THAT'S Christmas!!!! Whooohoooo!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

No Christmas shopping here in Turkey...it's New Year's trees and new year's presents. ;) Well, I suppose if you want the trappings, but not the religion, that's what you can do.

In the foreign community (expatriates) there are some nice Christmas-y activities: Our school did a dinner theater--"Scrooge" (6 Dec.)...The international church had a choir concert (13 Dec.).... In the next four days there are two Christmas parties--one for the high school and the other for the foreign staff.... Finally on Christmas Eve there is a candlelit service at the international church. :)

I love Christmas in Turkey. Dare I say it? I like it better here than in the US. It's a little easier to get down to what's really important about the holiday.

Merry Christmas!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

I love the holidays--but Christmas brings me a ton of stress due to a wayward daughter and family friction. I tend to let it rob me of the joy of my Savior--would appreciate prayers.

Yet, this season is especially treasured due to what I've been privileged to witness and do--totally outside my own comfort zone, so I know it's all God--way cool of Him to allow me to take part!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Love the sounds of your celebration, Pam!

Deena, I'm sorry Christmas is stressful for you. I'll be praying for you!

 
At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diann,

I liked the quote you gave. Here's one that goes along with it.

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." author Unknown from "Discover Treasures"

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Merry Christmas!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz