Girls Write Out
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Speaking of not fitting in (as we were the other day), I came to my coffee shop to write today. I kid you not, this woman in a minivan practically ran me down rather than wait for me to cross the street. Then, not five feet in front of me, she stopped so she wouldn't hit a crow. A crow!! Like the devil bird in the Hitchcock film!!! What is wrong with people?

Yesterday, in Los Gatos (ritzy, fancy town where people have designer dogs and togs), I saw a man take his daughter to coffee, and he was the second guy I saw with a man purse. There is no justifying the man purse -- and you know me, I'm a handbag chick!

I had dinner last night in my Chinese mall, where there is no English. I love that. You have to guess what you're eating and the Chinese do some nasty stuff with fish. Just saying. A fried fish in full fish form is NOT appetizing.

So it's not that I mind being out of my element, I mind being out of control. I had my car, knew where I was, etc., etc. It's the out of control thing I don't like. Not knowing where the coffee is, how I'm going to get somewhere, etc., etc. Okay. Back to work.
Kristin  
posted at 12:39 PM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Michelle V said...

I too have seen some people who would rather brake for an animal than a person! Crazy! I mean, I love my pets, but seriously! LOL

I'm glad I haven't seen any man bags around here!!

Blessings
Michelle

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger hotcoffeenow said...

LOL, our Sgarlato friend lives in Los Gatos. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a man-purse. I guess he's in the right place then...

cheryl

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

A "man purse"? Now that's a new concept. I haven't heard of that one. But then again, I'm from Indiana.

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Betsy said...

One of my husband's former co-workers (who lived in Rome for a number of years) carried/wore a man purse that looked almost like an overgrown leather fanny pack. He was not at all embarrassed about it and loved showing it off. It was interesting to say the least.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Men purses are very popular in macho Turkey--and have been for years. My husband, however, has claimed he will NEVER carry a purse (except mine, when my hands are full).

Like your new haircut! Wish I lived near your stylist.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Sabrina L. Fox said...

Man purse. :) Remember when Joey didn't want to give his up on Friends. LOL.

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there are doctors that advise men with certain back conditions to carry a "man purse". Seriously. It's the weight of the wallet on one side that is thought to impact their backs.

Mary

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Then they have way too much in their wallets. LOL

What I want to know is what is a "tog"

As for the lady not waiting for you to cross - she's probably forgotten that in California pedestrians have the right of way.

People are weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz