Girls Write Out
Tuesday, December 16, 2008

IPHONE OWNER AT LAST
I admit it. I coveted. I've been watching the iPhones for two years and wanting one in the worst way. We didn't have AT&T service in our town though. I was in Hawaii when the word came that they were buying my cell service, Centennial. I let out a whoop that made everyone laugh. But I still thought I had to wait until the purchase was complete, sometime next year, but after talking to a Centennial salesman, I found out I could go ahead and get one. Just to make sure, I called AT&T and sure enough!

So now I'm the proud owner of a white iPhone. This thing ROCKS! Right now I'm working on putting in photos for family and friends with their numbers. It syncs with my MacBook and I have all my calendar right there as well as phone numbers and addresses. I downloaded some programs that do cool things like tell me where to find restaurants. One I particularly like tells me the nutrition info on all the fast food places you can imagine. It's very slick and I figured it out right from the moment it was in my hand. I can update Twitter, check my email and look up a research book on Amazon, all while traveling. Very cool!

So if you see a glow from Indiana, it's me smiling!

Labels:

Colleen Coble  
posted at 10:10 AM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Rachel Overton said...

Of course, you know, you just completely ruined your poor hubbie's perfect Christmas gift...!

My friend has a program on his that lets him play the flute--you actually blow on the phone and it plays! Unbelievable! ...and a little freaky. :-)

Enjoy your new toy.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Michelle V said...

I'm so glad you got one!

Blessings
Michelle

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you got one! I didn't realize they had them in white... did you get the larger 16 MB one? I only have the smaller 8 MB one. It's black, but I have to put a protective case on mine. I'm clumsy and drop my phone all.the.time!

I was going to tell you about some cool apps, but I see you've already found a bunch of them! I love UrbanSpoon, Amazon Mobile, iTV, Flixter, Shazam (very cool, because I can never remember who sings a song), and several others. I love the free games, too. Which app are you using for Twitter? I tried Twinkle first but have also downloaded Twitteriffic and have been using that.

Have fun and enjoy your new tool, it's so much more than a toy :)

Merry Christmas!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Very cool, Rachel!

Stacy, I am using Tweetie. I've also downloaded Favorator where my favorites show up with a picture. I've got a Facebook app, a POI (points of interest), Yellow Pages, TrafficInfo, Stanza, and a Flashlight app that makes it shine like a flashlight if I need it to. LOL

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

That's so fun! Can't wait to see your new phone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz