Girls Write Out
Wednesday, January 28, 2009


Lights! Camera!! Action!!!  

Those were the words I heard in my head as my friend, and yours, Denise Hunter, took her seat on the set of the Harvest TV Show to discuss her latest release, Sweetwater Gap.  I wanted to pull out my best Ed McMahon imitation and say, "Heeeeeere's Denise!" But Colleen held me back. Can't blame her really. I was wearing brown.

Truly, Denise did us all proud. She walked up to her seat with utmost poise and grace while Colleen stood in the shadows romping a rousing but quiet cheerleading routine, and I broke out in a sweat that could match that of an Olympic runner.

With great calm and peace, Denise answered every question without skipping a beat. Colleen stood smiling like a puppy ready to pounce and I prayed for a difibrillator. 

No question was too hard, no word out of reach, for our starlet. Another case for working crossword puzzles as a kid.

We sure missed having Kristin with us and we wish you all could have been there to cheer Denise on! But since you missed it, you can check it out here: http://www.harvest-tv.com/video/dsp_playshow.cfm?showid=362

So there you have it. Life in the fast lane of Hoosier Hollywood. Denise's audience was in the millions, by the way, and I believe she deserves every bit of that recognition for her amazing writing talent! We're soooo proud of you, Denise!

Thank you, blog friends, for sharing in our fun! 
 
Diann Hunt  
posted at 8:11 PM  
  Comments (13)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
13 Comments:
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Yay! You wrote about it, Diann!

Congrats, Denise! :)

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

BTW--I tried the link, but couldn't get it to work. Any ideas?

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Hmm, I think their server is down. I couldn't get it to work this morning, either. Sigh. Try it again later.

Thanks for sharing in our fun, Pam!!

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

About 47 million to be exact! Denise was fantastic :)

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

the most fun time was our night at the Hyatt before the interview! We laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Di got the giggles at one point and the harder she laughed, the harder we laughed. We ate Mexican food and had coffee. It would have been perfect if Di had remembered to bring the promised chocolate chips. LOL

We used to have more times like this at conferences, but now when we go to a conference, we're teaching or mentoring or critiquing and pulled a hundred directions at once. The next time we go to a conference, we are saving one night for more laughing like this!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Michelle V said...

YAY for Denise!!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Thanks, Di! It was fun to read your account of that experience but don't think I'm not aware that the whole time you were thinking "Better you than me!"

Thanks for skipping the part where I tried to climb from the studio via a dangling cable mintues before I went live. So very unprofessional of me.

Seriously, having you and C in the wings lifting me in prayer made me think of Aaron and Hur holding up Moses' arms. I'm so blessed to have such friends.

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Denise! Congratulations on the 47 million viewers, and for making it through a live interview, and for finding such great prayer warriors in Colleen and Diann. (Long breath.) And congratulations, Diann, for wearing brown in front of Colleen. ;)

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ROTFLOL, Hannah!! Okay, that part was fiction. But I would have worn brown if I had any! :-) I STILL like it!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Rachel Holliday said...

Denise-
You did an amazing job; you were very composed, professional, and so sincere. Congratulations!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Oh, Hannah, that note from Amber was actually from me. I forgot I was typing that from my daughter's computer. :-)

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Second try ... tres kewl!! But then Denise is always cool, unlike a certain buddy whose name we won't mention. ;)

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Judy Gann said...

Denise, you were terrific!

Don't feel bad about the dangling cable thing. When I was on the Harvest Show, after the interview I backed up as I was getting off the stage (forgetting about the step)while still talking to the hosts, and almost landed on my back. Thankfully, it was commercial and the cameras were off me by that time. Whew!

Then I went outside to a flat tire on my rental car, but that's another story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz