Girls Write Out
Tuesday, January 27, 2009

DIETS AND BOOK GIVEWAY
Di talked about her exercising and I'm going to follow it up with talking about food. But it's about food to help you stay on your diet. If you're like me, you like to eat out but WHAT if you're on a diet. Sit down restaurants get expensive. I get sick and tired of salads which is the only wheat free thing at the fast food stores. And no, don't tell me to get the chicken sandwich and remove the bun. I haven't found a fast food place with grilled chicken I like. They're all oniony tasting. Yuk! So I found a fabulous new meal this weekend. It was so good, we ate there TWICE in one day! Ready to hear what it was?

Long John Silver's! They've got these new freshgrille meals. Shrimp scampi, cajun salmon and tilapia. All with rice and steamed vegetables. The veggies were still slightly firm so they weren't cooked to death. Loved them! The meat was about 150 calories. I'm in love! But then I love seafood and you might not.

I'm fixing Dave's breakfast now instead of letting him eat cereal too. All those carbs first thing in the morning is bad for his blood sugar. A vendor of his gave him this really cool appliance and I hadn't used it until this week. It's a Back to Basics unit (I think that's GE) that's got a toaster, a little side thing that poaches eggs and a layer on that that steams the meat. Very slick. So I fixed him an English muffin egg and turkey bacon sandwich. I'm liking it for myself too with wheat free English muffins.

So there are my two recommendations for the week. But the big news is that Cry in the Night is in the stores now and I'm going to draw three names to win a signed copy. If you've already bought it and want a signed bookplate for your copy, just email me and my secretary (Dave) will mail you one. :) I'm getting some reader letters too and everyone is so glad to be back in Rock Harbor. But oh my, poor Bree. You won't believe the trouble she's in!

Ready, set, GO! Email me at colleen@colleencoble.com

Labels: , , ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 5:00 AM  
  Comments (14)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
14 Comments:
At 7:04 AM, Blogger twg said...

Colleen,I've read all the other Rock Harbor books so I must read this one too! I enjoy reading this blog. Thanks Becky

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Shoot me an email, Becky, and I'll add you to the drawing. colleen@colleencoble.com

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Michelle V said...

Colleen,

Well, I've already told you how much I LOVED Cry in the Night! Thank you so much for the info about Long John Silvers. I have wished they would come out with healthy meals because my kids love to eat there!I will have to check it out.

Blessings
Michelle

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Jenny B. Jones said...

Where are you getting wheat free english muffins? I must know! And Colleen, thanks for the tip on the Uzzi book. I've devoured it and passed it on to quite a few people already. It's a must read, eh?

Wheat-free Jennifer

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Are you a wheat free-er too, Jenny? I get them at the health food store. They're in the freezer section.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good to know about Long John Silvers, C! I haven't eaten there in forever!!

Also, I saw a nice display of Cry in the Night front and center at Anchor Room, right when you walk in the door!! VERY COOL!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Ooh that is way cool, Amber! Thanks for letting me know!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

I love your books. I wish there was a Long Johns Silver by me. Those meals sound delicious. I am really trying to eat healthy but it is hard.
Wendy

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

I, too, have read the Rock Harbor Series and am really looking forward to reading Cry in the Night! :)

Also, thank you for the info about Long John Silvers! I didn't know that had started serving some grilled items..will have to check them out :)
*hugs*
Ruth :) ralmap@hotmail.com

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information on Long John Silver's! I've never been there, but my Dad has, and he loved it. Knowing that they have healthy food that's actually healthy for you is something close to a miracle for me. (A restaurant that I won't gain twenty pounds from just by looking at the sign? Amazing!)

Which health store do you visit to get the wheat-free muffins? My friend has Celiac disease and has to cut out everything in her diet that has gluten in it. She'd love it if she could eat something besides gluten-free cereal.

Shooting off an email for the drawing as I type! I'm dying to find out what happens to Bree!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

My health food store is 3 Rivers Coop in Ft Wayne IN. But if your friend is in a decent sized town, there is Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Sprouts, all kinds of them. And they have FABULOUS wheat free stuff. I particularly like the Kinnickinnick pizza crusts. They're so thick, I cut them in two to make two of them. And Van's blueberry waffles are to die for. There's all kinds of good stuff out there. Even Krogers and Safeway now are carrying some gluten free stuff in a section just past the produce. have her check it out!

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Colleen, I'll do that! I know she has a Trader Joe's nearby, and also a Henry's Health Food store.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, I'm going to go email you now! My mother-in-law loaned me her Rock Harbor books a while back and that's how I got hooked on your writing Colleen! I'd love to win this to give to her, to add to her collection. We love Bree and Samson - I just hope he stays safe this time. I do NOT want to read about more peril to that wonderful pup!

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Got you down, Stacy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz