Girls Write Out
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Well, it was Glambert vs. Kris in a contest that brought us a snoozer of a finale on "American Idol". Personally, I didn't care enough to spend the time watching it, but I did run through the highlights. Okay, I love "Mad World" by Adam. I think he should release that song.

Kara annoys me to no end, but her music, even more so. Please. Don't make either winner sing that song. How is that winning exactly? That song was dreck.

I think Adam can really sing, and visually, he puts on quite a show, but I think the judges overrate him. When he tones it down and controls it (such as in "Mad World") he translates to listening to, but there are a lot of times, he just screams, and I'm beat by the end of the song. I doubt I'd make it through a song if he were on the radio doing that. I think the judges are too star-struck by him. He has the talent to do what he wants, does he have the restraint?

I love Kris, but I don't see him as being much different from David Cook or others on the path before him. Other than he's more musically talented, and can probably write his own stuff and maybe take a Daughtry road. What did you all think? Did you care this year?

Labels: , , , ,

Kristin  
posted at 10:44 AM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Abby said...

I think Adam is way overrated! Even his slow/quiet songs he gets some screams in there. I don't want to listen to that! I get it, you can hit those notes...i just don't want to hear it in every song!

I love Kris! I can already hear his voice and style of singing on the radio! He is so musically talented and seems very humble.

I agree about that last song! How do you write a song for the winner if it's not even in his range?? Plus it was just a dumb song:)

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Abby, that's a great way to put it. The screaming just gets to you after a time.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Sue said...

I have never understood the whole Adam lovefest. I find him very one dimensional in that all he does is the theatrical loud (read SCREAM) singing. He rather creeps me out too - there is something in his eyes that bother my spirit :-(

I'm all for Kris now that Danny is gone!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I just feel the judges hijacked the competition with their constant harping on Kris and overzealousness for Adam. I'll be interested to see if it worked.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Sally said...

well, I really wanted Danny to win, but someone made a good point -- since he did not win, now he can sign on w/ a Christian label if he wants to instead of being stuck w/ the AI label. I like Kris way better than Adam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz