Girls Write Out
Tuesday, November 03, 2009

MALE APPRECIATION DAY
This is a picture of us on Halloween, just for fun, but I thought it would be fun to celebrate the differences between men and women today. My friend Sheila Rhoades sent me this the other day and I laughed so hard. See what you think!

REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED
by Friday Oct. 30, 2009

Class 1
Up in Winter, Down in Summer - How to Adjust a Thermostat Step by Step, with Slide Presentation. Meets 4 wks, Monday and Wednesday for 2 hrs beginning at 7:00 PM.

Class 2
Which Takes More Energy - Putting the Toilet Seat Down, or Bitching About It for 3 Hours? Round Table Discussion. Meets 2 weeks, Saturday 12:00 for 2 hours.

Class 3
Is It Possible To Drive Past a Wal-Mart Without Stopping?--Group Debate. Meets 4 weeks, Saturday 10:00 PM for 2 hours.

Class 4
Fundamental Differences Between a Purse and a Suitcase--Pictures and Explanatory Graphics. Meets Saturdays at 2:00 PM for 3 weeks.

Class 5
Curling Irons--Can They Levitate and Fly Into The Bathroom Cabinet? Examples on Video. Meets 4 weeks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours beginning at 7:00 PM

Class 6
How to Ask Questions During Commercials and Be Quiet During the Program. Help Line Support and Support Groups. Meets 4 Weeks, Friday and Sunday 7:00 PM Class 7

Class 7
Can a Bath Be Taken Without 14 Different Kinds of Soaps and Shampoos? Open Forum. Monday at 8:00 PM, 2 hours.

Class 8
Health Watch--They Make Medicine for PMS - USE IT! Three nights; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 PM for 2 hours.

Class 9
I Was Wrong and He Was Right!--Real Life Testimonials. Tuesdays at 6:00 PM Location to be determined.

Class 10
How to Parallel Park In Less Than 20 Minutes Without an Insurance Claim. Driving Simulations.4 weeks, Saturday's noon, 2 hours.

Class 11
Learning to Live--How to Apply Brakes Without Throwing Passengers Through the Windshield.Tuesdays at 7:00 PM, location to be determined

Class 12
How to Shop by Yourself. Meets 4 wks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours beginning at 7:00 PM.

Class 13
How to Fight Cerebral Atrophy--Remembering To Take a List To The Store, Avoiding Separate Trips for Each Item Needed.
Cerebral Shock Therapy Sessions and Full Lobotomies Offered. Three nights; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 PM for 2 hours.

Class 14
The Stove/Oven--What It Is and How It Is Used. Live Demonstration. Tuesdays at 6:00 PM, location to be determined.

I have to say my husband is great about putting down the toilet seat. And he likes to go shopping with me. I think he probably gets annoyed at the way I leave my curling iron out but he never complains about it.

The man difference I see between men and women is that men are problem solvers. They want to fix it and get on with things. We women tend to want to hash it out a little more and get some sympathy first. And we may not even really want to solve the problem, just complain about it! LOL

So care to share about your spouse or boyfriend/girlfrend/father? What do you see as the biggest differences between men and women? Note: this may end up in a book! LOL it's always fun to explore how to get those differences apart.

Labels:

Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:54 AM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Mel and I are a little mixed up when it comes to gender differences. He's wonderful about toilet seats, and he is the first to compliment me on the way I look--every day. My problem, and I noticed this today when we were getting ready for a meeting, is that I haven't learned his love language. I whistled at me across the room. I thanked him. He whistled at me again, and I looked at him, and he was striking a sexy pose. OH! Got it! FINALLY, I whistled back. His love language is to encourage and complment. Mine is to try to serve him and meet his needs. But his needs are for approval and appreciation from me. That's something I need to work on.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Oops. I meant HE whistled at me. I didn't whistle at me. Man, this tiny computer is messing with my mind.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I got it! LOL Very cute of Mel. Men are so visual. I should have mentioned that too. And they do crave appreciation and approval from us. Love the comment about love languages!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Because I am the only female in my home, the default position for the toilet seat is up, and I don't mind putting it down.

I think gender generalizations are bad for the most part. There are many areas in life where I am not the "typical" female.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Cheri said...

Hi Colleen!

This couldn't have come at a better time. My parents sent me their car as Dad just shouldn't be driving at 89. One two many 'accidents', LOL. We have two non working cars in the driveway and he just uses the one that does work. So, this will be MY car -no matter what.

Anyway, the title has been misplaced so we can't register the car. I gave it to him and said put it in a safe place, and he says I lost it! Any prayers to find this title will be very much appreciated!! I am going to check the car again as it can be right in front of him and I will hear, "I can't find it."

He is a clutterer and I like things in the place they belong. He is an impulse buyer and I like to think about it -- will it go on SALE?! He has drifted along, and I want to plan the next 10 years (retirement is very close), but he does put the toilet seat down, bless his little heart, lol.

God made men and women different so that our lives would keep us on our toes...I think. However, two heads are better than one, if one will let the other use it!

Loved all the posts, how funny they ring so true.

Thanks, Cheri
The title HAS to be here somewhere...

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Rachel Leigh Smith said...

Mine is very good with the toilet seat. Almost 6 months of marriage and I've never had to put it down! Hope it stays that way.

We're still trying to figure out each other's love languages.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz