Girls Write Out
Thursday, December 10, 2009

Last night I came out of church and the wind was blowing fiercely across the parking lot, scattering snow sparkles everywhere the eye could see. I felt an instant kick in my spirit. Snow does that to me.

Now, I hear some of you groan (waving at Colleen), but I just can't help it. Truly, I get as cold as the next person (well, aside from the hot flashes), but there's just something about snow before Christmas. So, last night, while others burrowed deeper into their coats, I lifted my head and sang at the top of my voice, "Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!" (While my husband dragged me to our car.)

I know Colleen thinks I need counseling, and most likely, I do. Let me make it perfectly clear that I do not like frigid cold--even during a hot flash. Nor am I crazy about snow in March. BUT absolutely nothing can pull me out of a slump quicker than a lovely snowfall in December.

Oh, one more thing. We have a flock of seagulls (here in Indiana) that hangs out in our Target parking lot all winter. Some say they have lost their way (they're here every year). I say they banded together and said, "Let's go where they have snow for Christmas." See, not everyone heads south for the winter.

Anyone else out there like a little snow?
Diann Hunt  
posted at 8:18 AM  
  Comments (12)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
12 Comments:
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Even I like snow before Christmas. It's the next four months of it I can't tolerate.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I like snow on Christmas Eve! That's it though. LOL

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

This is why I love you, Diann! Wished I could have been a seagull on the wall and seen your celebration!

I love a good snow, too. And I have dreams about going somewhere REALLY snowy some winter weekend, just to experience it once again. (I'm in Texas, and it just doesn't happen the way it happens up north.) But don't ask me drive on it .... just let me have some storybook moments and I'm good!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

I like enough for a snow hike once a year, then I'm done. So glad we don't get dumped with tons of it here in southern Missouri.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I don't care for weather in general. If I woke up and it was the same, boring sunshine everyday, I'd be good with that. I'm not a fan of this cold. Even California is freezing. Global warming. Sort of hard to sell that right now.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

I'm with you, Beverly! I don't want to drive on it! I just want to look at it.

I once went on a writing retreat at a B&B. It was a beautiful place! My bedroom was massive and had a huge old fireplace with a roaring fire. It was January and I had a little writing nook where I could look out the window and see the snow falling on the sloping hills around me and it was heaven. I will NEVER forget that scene! Like a Currier & Ives card!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Kameko said...

I love snow, especially in December around Christmas time. There is nothing like new fallen snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning to make the world seem, well, almost magical. Alas, to my great disappointment, in Central Oklahoma, we aren't likely to get much snow around Christmas time.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger jel said...

I like enough snow to take some snow pictures , then I'm good! ;)

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

I love snow any time. :)

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Lisa Faye Harman said...

I love the snow right up through March. Always reminds me of the love of Jesus covering up the sin of the world in white.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Wow, Lisa, what a beautiful thought! Just another reason to love the snow! :-)

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

JEL--your pictures are works of art.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz