Girls Write Out
Friday, December 11, 2009


Last night, I had a prednisone-induced dream, where I was at a very colorful (primary) restaurant (think Disneyland with vinyl booths!) The tables were on a track and they moved (for what reason I haven't figured out) and when you sat down to the table, as I did with 8 (my family and two extra kids), we were met by a snack of what I think was Fruity Pebbles Cereal in a wine glass. Before the meal was over, my kids had spilled the fruity pebbles everywhere and I was trying to pick it all up while the table moved. It's a perfect image of life, isn't it? You scooping up one mess while another is being created at that very moment.

My mess is multi-colored, loud and unending. Tiger Woods' mess is public, ugly and questionable. But I'm reminded in that when David sinned with Bathsheba, he said against God only had he sinned. It's so easy to judge someone else's mess, isn't it? In fact, Us Weekly, makes it easy, you can read the text messages, but if you're not prone to that kind of mess, you think only of the person's weakness, not what created it.

There are Christians who would NEVER look at another woman/man -- but maybe their hearts are cold and their spouse can't access them either. Do you remember Jesus trying to talk to Martha about what Mary had chosen? She couldn't see it, because she is not created to be strongly emotionally-connected. She is created to be a worker. How can she understand the desires of a Mary? It just reminds me to remember when I judge, maybe that's not my bent. What am I missing about me? Oh my gosh, if I'm missing something, I'm scared because there is SOOO much right out in the open for me.

What does God want from you that's not easy? If it's easy for you to host a party, maybe God wants you to attend one and not bring anything, but just work the room. If it's easy for you "do right", maybe God wants you to meet someone who is doing wrong and find out why -- not just lecture. As King David said, "I will not offer to the Lord, that which costs me nothing."
Kristin  
posted at 11:58 AM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

ACK! Sorry, Kris, I blew it. So this week we had two Friday posts and none on Wed. Just consider my today's post as one that should have been on Wed.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Sorry Cheryl, didn't see your post!! I'm happily high on prednisone. LOL

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Enjoy your happy high, Kris. When I'm on that stuff, NO ONE wants to be around me. I even hate myself. LOL But I love you whatever you're like.

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

I have no idea what prednisone is... :)

Good post, Kristin. We are so good at point out the speck and missing the log, aren't we?

As I wrote on Cheryl's post a few minutes ago, you're asking questions that take time to ponder and are good but hard. I'm thinking. I'm thinking.

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Oops. "...good at pointing out..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz