Girls Write Out
Tuesday, February 02, 2010

THINGS BECOMING A GRAMMY HAS TAUGHT ME
When I saw Alexa this morning, I couldn't stop laughing at her wild hair. It's getting curlier and it's hard to tame. But it's so darn cute, who cares? I got to thinking about how much loving her has taught me about God. Have you ever thought about that? How those we love here teach us about the unfathomable love He has for us? Here is what our Punky has taught me:

1. I would never ever abandon her. Not if she turned away from me. Not if she hurt me terribly. The love I have for her is overwhelming. It's not conditional on what she does or doesn't do. It's just THERE. And I realized that what I feel for her is just a drop in the ocean to how God loves me.

2. We all respond to unconditional love. Our darling can't help but love us back because we pour such love on her head. She didn't love us the minute she was born, but she has responded to the love we have heaped on her. It's the same way with God. We can't help but respond to His love when we really start to grasp all He's done for us.

3. Discipline isn't a bad word. We sometimes have to tell Punky no even though it hurts like crazy when she puckers up. What must God feel when He has to tell us no for our own good? We know we can't let her climb up on her little stool because she might fall. But it still hurts to know she's hurting.

4. See all those toys in her toy room? Um, we may all have gone a little overboard, but we delight in giving her good things, things that bring her joy. It's no wonder our heavenly Father withholds nothing good from us because He delights in us even more.

5. I love to hear her try to say my name. Instead of Grammy, she calls me Mammy. LOL Too cute! She calls her Poppy Pop-Pop. Our feeble attempts to call God by name must delight Him too. We all like to hear our name on the lips of the one we love.

Showing love has always been important to me, but I've learned so much since Punky has been born. I bet she'll teach me even more in the coming years. So how about you? How has loving someone changed you and deepened your appreciation for your heavenly Father?

An update on Diann: Her colonoscopy was ALL CLEAR today! Whoohoo!

Labels:

Colleen Coble  
posted at 6:03 AM  
  Comments (9)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
9 Comments:
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Oh my goodness, she is soooo cute!! Aren't grandkids just the greatest?!

I so agree with you on all those accounts, Colleen. They do teach us more about our Father's love and hopefully, we can teach them the same. Such an awesome responsibility and privilege.

I also see Jesus' handprint on everything you do, C! Thank you for the endless support and encouragement you give to all of us! You are the real deal, girlfriend!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Sabrina L. Fox said...

She sure is cute!!! C, how is it different than how you feel for your kids? Seriously, I wonder... It seems to make people soften when they have grandchildren.

Having only one child I'm excited for the day our family grows with grandchildren. But I should probably get Tanner to adulthood first. LOL

So glad things went well yesterday, Diann. Still praying!!!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

It's different somehow, Sabrina. I adore my children, but Punky is different even more. I don't understand it. LOL

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger jel said...

your grandbaby is a cute~T~pie




and in the words of
(Tony the Tiger) "THAT GREAT" news about Diann :)

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Love the do! So precious. And to think God loves her even more than you do!!

And Wahoo, Di!! Great news!

Love you all!

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Cheri said...

Grandkids are a blessing from God! I wonder how they know it is hard for me to deny them anything, but luckily there has been very little so far, I have had to say "no" to. Well, there was the little tantrum at the checkout last summer over bubblegum, lol.

Great report, Diann ~ thanking God for having you 'under His wings'.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Colleen, your punky is so cute. Great post and thoughts on God.

Yay for Di, too!! A win!!

Rachel

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Crystal Laine said...

I love this post, Colleen. So good and just a great insight.

I also love it that Diann was clear on the colonoscopy. Good news, Diann. Still praying everyday.

I don't think I'll ever get to be a Grandmother. I'm just slightly jealous, C. Oh, well. (smile)

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Beverly said...

Diann,

So glad to hear your good news!!!

Colleen, I love the way God uses our little ones to teach or reinforce His lessons and truths to us. You have a real cutie working with you, too! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz