THINGS BECOMING A GRAMMY HAS TAUGHT ME
When I saw Alexa this morning, I couldn't stop laughing at her wild hair. It's getting curlier and it's hard to tame. But it's so darn cute, who cares? I got to thinking about how much loving her has taught me about God. Have you ever thought about that? How those we love here teach us about the unfathomable love He has for us? Here is what our Punky has taught me:
1. I would never ever abandon her. Not if she turned away from me. Not if she hurt me terribly. The love I have for her is overwhelming. It's not conditional on what she does or doesn't do. It's just THERE. And I realized that what I feel for her is just a drop in the ocean to how God loves me.
2. We all respond to unconditional love. Our darling can't help but love us back because we pour such love on her head. She didn't love us the minute she was born, but she has responded to the love we have heaped on her. It's the same way with God. We can't help but respond to His love when we really start to grasp all He's done for us.
3. Discipline isn't a bad word. We sometimes have to tell Punky no even though it hurts like crazy when she puckers up. What must God feel when He has to tell us no for our own good? We know we can't let her climb up on her little stool because she might fall. But it still hurts to know she's hurting.
4. See all those toys in her toy room? Um, we may all have gone a little overboard, but we delight in giving her good things, things that bring her joy. It's no wonder our heavenly Father withholds nothing good from us because He delights in us even more.
5. I love to hear her try to say my name. Instead of Grammy, she calls me Mammy. LOL Too cute! She calls her Poppy Pop-Pop. Our feeble attempts to call God by name must delight Him too. We all like to hear our name on the lips of the one we love.
Showing love has always been important to me, but I've learned so much since Punky has been born. I bet she'll teach me even more in the coming years. So how about you? How has loving someone changed you and deepened your appreciation for your heavenly Father? An update on Diann: Her colonoscopy was ALL CLEAR today! Whoohoo!
Labels: God's Love