Girls Write Out
Friday, May 07, 2010

I wrote this on my caring bridge site, and Colleen thought it might be a good idea to share it with you since some of you may not be on that site. This is the site if you want to keep tabs that way: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/diannhunt/journal

Your prayers are working, my friends! We just finished our appointments at the Cancer Treatment Center tonight. Chemo finished around 7:00. Very long day, but a very good one! Great report! CA-125 is down to 18 and the doctor says it may not get any lower because that may be MY "normal". Anything under 35 is great, so that's awesome!

My infection is still there, doggone it, so Dr. Williams had to do a little minor procedure thingy in her office. She showed Jim how to pack it and ordered him to do so every night. I fell prostrate before her, grabbed her ankles and hung on for dear life as she dragged me down the hall. All the while, I begged her to come home with us. I even offered her my secret chocolate stash, but she held her ground. Chris Zinsli, I'm calling you next . . . . ;-)

Clearly, they didn't do the peritoneal treatment this time. We may not do it at all, and the doctor says that's okay, too.

We're getting to know the workers and thank God for every one of them! All go beyond the call of duty and are such a blessing!

Now for the big news. I am so gettin' this eyebrow thing down! I drew those puppies in this morning and they look just as good tonight! No fuller brush, fuzzy caterpillar brows on this face, thank you very much. I told Jim I'd like to add a little drama to it all. One day make a surprised look with my eyebrows, another day a frown, another day a happy face. Well, you get the idea. The possibilities are endless, why, it could open a whole new world for me! (Don't think I didn't hear you say, "Yeah, one with padded cells.")

From the start, God confirmed in my heart the verse that I would claim for this journey. "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come."

God is TRULY my joy and my strength! The dignity thing is coming along. And YOU are the most blessed treasures of all!! I NEVER take lightly that you are praying for me and I love you so much for it!!

Until next time, Scatter Joy!
Diann


Labels: , ,

Diann Hunt  
posted at 9:51 PM  
  Comments (8)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
8 Comments:
At 10:13 PM, Blogger jel said...

sending ya a flybyhugging!!! :)

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Di, are those the eyebrows you're telling us about in the Caring Bridge site? Gorgeous! Very sexy. You are such a babe!

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Ha! No, the eyebrows in my picture are still my old ones. LOL! Which I still have a bit of them, by the way. They're hanging on for dear life, so they do help guide my way. But I have a feeling they will bite the dust soon. Then I may need those stencil helpers.

I've learned to pencil them in (think Betty Davis), then I use a tiny makeup brush and add a bit of powder dust. That softens them and makes them look more natural. I got the idea when someone mentioned there was a powder brush/eyebrow pencil out there we can buy. I don't have one, so I decided to use what I have.

So far, it works! :-)

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Julia M. Reffner said...

You're a beautiful lady and I'll keep praying!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Like I said over at Caring Bridge, Di, I think you could start a whole new fashion trend with those eyebrows. :D Think of the money you could make! "Use Express-your-inner-self Eyebrow Pencils and tell the world what you feel."

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Am so blessed by you Di!

With love and prayers,
Rachel

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

This just makes me smile! All of it!!

Love you, Diann!!

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Crystal Mazzuca said...

Diann! I sent you a pin that said, "Chemo ate my eyebrows." I hope you got it. Seriously, the hair loss isn't that bad compared to the eyebrows. Hair loss can look almost stylish (almost). But eyebrows? It's like ET!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz