Girls Write Out
Thursday, August 12, 2010

Something has been on my mind forever and I just never bring it up. It's one of those things that you try to ignore, pretend you don't care about, that it doesn't bother you in the least for not knowing, but let's face it, IT DOES MATTER. You can push it to the back corners of your mind, ignore the constant scratching of it against your psyche, and say it doesn't bother you, but you know it does.

This time of the year, it's the hardest to ignore. I mean, the truth of it is there, swarming all around my head, buzzing in my ears, taunting me with fresh determination. So now it's showdown time. I've had enough and I will wait no longer. This problem must be dealt with, I must know the answer or I think I shall go mad. Please, please, if you know the answer, share it with me so that I can once again have peace:

WHERE DO FRUIT FLIES COME FROM???????

Come on. It's something you've all wondered and you know it. These tiny insects seem to pop up out of no where the minute you bring home a piece of fruit. I mean, are they hovering in the air and then just appear when fruit gets in the house, what? I don't get it. There's something very eery about it all, and I think if we don't address it, there could be a takeover . . . .

I know, I know, this is the worst blog post in the history of mankind, but it's a question I've truly pondered from time to time. The fact that I'm high on Benadryl and Hydrocortisone (due to hives) could play a part in this post for which I will probably be completely embarrassed once I read it on a normal day and thus break out in hives once again. Please, bear with me.

In the meantime, about those fruit flies . . . .
Diann Hunt  
posted at 11:13 AM  
  Comments (12)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
12 Comments:
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

I believe the larvae is on the fruit and it hatches in our homes. Lots of incentive to wash fruit right there, huh?

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger jel said...

I just Google it, and you wouldn't belive , all that came up!


Diann , did your mom give you that talk about where things came from?
:)

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Whoa, that's gross! Thanks for the info, D! I wash my fruit before I eat it, but I guess I'll start washing it before I put it in the bowl!!

LOL, Jel!!!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Aren't those gnats? I always thought that's what they were. The larvae is on the fruit? Holy cow!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger jel said...

Diann,
do you relly want to know about "Drosophila melanogaster"
fruit flies?

if ya do
i found an web site ya can go too!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Thanks, Jel, but I don't think so. I think I'll just bask in my ignorance. It's quite enough to know that their larvae is on my fruit. Give me too much information and I just might break out in more hives. :-)

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Great explanation at:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-fruit-flies-and-where-do-they-come-from.htm

And they also tell you how to get rid of them, too! :)

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger jel said...

you are wise not to know , wish I didn't oh well !

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

I get rid of them the same way I do a fly that won't land. Spray it with hairspray then kill it when it falls.
:-)

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

I've always thought the same thing. They seem to come out of nowhere!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Crystal Laine said...

Ok, you guys are making me laugh.

Denise, I was telling my son your remedy as he walked through, and he said you should strike a match when you do that--flaming fly. (If he ever tries that, I will be mad.)

Anyway, Diann, fruit for thought.

You know, Diann, there are scientists who have gotten doctorates on this fruit fly thing.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

And THIS is why I love Diann and this blog! :-) Hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz