Girls Write Out
Monday, November 08, 2010


You have heard me mention how we LOVE Hawaii. This trip will forever be known as "Love You Like a Mango" trip. When we first got to Maui, I heard a song called "Drop, Baby, Drop" on the radio and one line was I love you like a mango. It just cracked me up and I told Dave I loved him like coffee and avocado. He said he loved me like Peanut M & Ms. LOL So we have been laughing about that and had to buy the song as well. We've about worn out the CD. We had a FABULOUS time on Maui. The Kanapaali Beach Hotel was a totally Hawaiian experience. Mikala presented us with our first kukio nut lei when we left and every time we come back we'll get a white nut. I liked Mikala so much I had to give him a copy of Dangerous Depths. The hotel grounds are so beautiful and you expect to see Elvis strolling the grounds. The beach is to die for. I went snorkeling at black rock and the coral was incredibly beautiful. It a very Hawaiian experience with many on staff real Hawaiians. Mikala is Portuguese Hawaiian and had 11 sisters!

We came to Kauai on Tuesday. We adore our little Turtle Cove Cottage! It's on the south shore and has 2 bedrooms and 1 bath. It's totally charming with great views of the water. I've never seen a rental house that was so immaculate and so perfectly equipped in the kitchen. Our host Alan Souza is a big time surfing champion from the 60s. We've enjoyed seeing pictures of their dogs and the other decorations. fm,.m.,we,.wIt's been a fabulous time so far and we have almost another full week here. I think this has been the most relaxing trip I've ever had. Since we've seen the islands so much, we haven't had an agenda and have been able to lay on the beach (much to Dave's dismay) and snorkel. Dave has been a buying fool and has bought me FOUR tropical dresses.

We had fish tacos at Big Tim's in Hanalei on Thurs and yesterday we had the to-die-for Puka Dogs. I highly recommend the spicy garlic sauce and the pineapple salsa with likikoi mustard. We've been cooking in the kitchen quite a lot too and that's been fun. And coffee in Hawaii. What more do I have to say about that?! Ahhh. I could drink five pots a day. :)

Do you have a favorite spot you always go back to? If so, what brings you back time and time again?

Labels: , , ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 6:53 PM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Glad you're having a relaxing time, C!

Kevin and I prefer to go someplace new for each vacation. There's so much to see in the world, and we get bored going the same place multiple times. But generally, anyplace with mountains will make me happy. :-)

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger jel said...

sounds like ya are having a great time there, glad ya are :)


always wanted to go on one of them Vacation?

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I love mountains too! But this vacation has been the most relaxing one we've ever had. I think because we don't have an agenda and a list of things we want to see. We are lying around on the beach and doing all our favorite things. :)

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Wonderful you're having such a good time, Colleen! Love that relaxing. I'm about five hours from you by jet in San Francisco. If not for the overwhelming press of people, this is where I'd want to come for vacation. Give me beach and mountains...with no crowds. That's my kind of vacation. Your cottage sounds perfect

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are bringing back so many memories for me! DH and I met and got married in Honolulu (he was in the Navy and I was working there). I would give my eye teeth to go back...but I think I would go to Molokai and stay at the Sheraton. I spent a week there by myself after DH returned from an 8 month deployment while I was stuck at home with a 2 year old. I really NEEDED that vacation! LOL

If I couldn't go to Hawaii, I would love to return to the mountains of northern New Hampshire. I know a cool little inn up there that specializes in relaxation.

Alas, travel is no longer possible for me so I have to be content with where I am. But I can dream, can't I??

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Oh, C, it sounds perfect! The whole love-you-like-a-mango-thing cracked me up! LOL

I'm glad you're having a great time and resting! You always work so hard. This is great for you!

That said, hurry up and come home. We miss you! :-)

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Lauralee Bliss said...

That's where we went for our honeymoon! 21 years ago (our anniversary is on Thursday).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz