Girls Write Out
Sunday, April 24, 2011

What's been on the news nonstop for weeks on end with burning questions such as: Who designed the dress? Who will be invited? Where are they taking their honeymoon? and What did he eat for breakfast this morning? Does anyone NOT know about the upcoming royal nuptials of Prince William and Kate Middleton?

This morning I heard their relationship described as a Fairytale Romance. Now, I'm not sure of your definition of Fairytale Romance, but mine definitely does not include paparazzi following me 24/7, reporters digging in my trash, or Royal Restrictions galore.

Maybe I'm all wet, but I think a quiet relationship, a private wedding, and the freedom to, say, shop for a necklace in peace, are ever so much more romantic than posed kisses, daily photo ops, and a world-televised wedding. But I'm just a lowly romance writer, so what do I know?

How about you? What's your idea of romance? What's the most romantic thing your significant other has done for you?



PS - Thomas Nelson is giving away 5 signed copies of "A Cowboy's Touch" EVERY FRIDAY through May 2o! It's easy to enter! See details here. There's no prince or royals in my story, but there is a cowboy, a sweet love story, and a happily ever after. :-) NOTE: Leaving a message here on the blog is NOT an entry for the drawing!

Labels: , ,

Denise Hunter  
posted at 10:20 PM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I'm a romantic, obviously. :) But I'm with you. I'd rather conduct a romance in private. LOL

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Chris Jager - Baker Book House-fiction buyer said...

The Fairytale romance that is desctibed in the news does not interest me at all. I also know that as soon as they say "I do." the media will start tearing them apart and creating problems where none exsist. I would rather create my own problems - so to speak. :-)
To be honest, that is more like a nightmare romance to me. I would rather not be the center of attention so is not something I would want to be part of. :-)

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger jel said...

I'll be glad when it's over with!

how along will it last?


you book was Far better reading! :)

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I'll be glad when it's over too. I had to google the wedding date last week because I had no idea when it was and I just wanted to know when we'd get a break from all of it.

And now I forget when it is again. Can you tell I don't watch much TV?

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

It's Friday, Suzanne. And I'll be glad when it's over too! Sheesh.

But you're right, Chris, it won't end with the wedding. Hopefully we'll hear of them less often though.

Thanks, Jel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz