Girls Write Out
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
God's goodness is always overwhelming but sometimes it seems he just opens the windows of blessing and pours it out. This week is one of those times for me. You've all been praying for my Dave, and God chose to answer YES to those prayers. His surgery went better than we even dared hope today. The surgeon said his prostate and lymph glands looked normal to the naked eye, and he was sure the cancer was contained. Dave is resting in the hospital now and should get out tomorrow, so THANK YOU for all your faithful prayers!

Sunday we received a very unexpected blessing. You all know I'd said likely Punky would be the only child born to Dave and Donna. The kids came over on Easter and said they wanted to give me my mother's day present early. Um, she's pregnant! Though they'd decided Punky was enough, God had other plans. So we have a new grandbaby coming in November! I'm still in shock. I was so excited Sunday night I didn't sleep. Then last night we didn't get much sleep in prep for the surgery, so I'm pretty tired tonight, but oh so happy!

But you know, even if the news had not been so great today, God is still good. That's the wonder of our faith. No matter what mountaintop we are on or what valley we walk through, we know that our God is with us through it all. He rejoices when we rejoice and he weeps when we sob.

I gave some books away to nurses at the hospital today and when I was leaving tonight, the night nurse asked me if I minded a question. She wanted to know if I was a Christian. When I said yes, she was thrilled that my books were getting into the hands of nurses who needed the encouragement. What a blessing to me.

How about you? What valley or mountaintop are you on? What have you done lately to share your faith?

Labels: ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:20 PM  
  Comments (15)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
15 Comments:
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Story and Logic Media Group said...

Dear, dear Colleen,
I rejoice with you. How great is our God!!!!!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Oh, what wonderful news! God is so good!!!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Deborah Raney said...

Colleen, we are rejoicing with you on all fronts! Wonderful news!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Peggy Blann Phifer said...

Wonderful, incredible news Colleen. Both for the good report on Dave as well as the coming little one. We serve an awesome God!

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

So delighted to hear of Dave's prognosis...and of the coming grandbaby.

I needed good news today. I had knee surgery last Thursday and was healing right on schedule. Last night I nearly fell and put my entire weight on the wounded leg, causing more than considerable pain. Fortunately, no damage was done but my healing process was pushed back to nearly square one. I was so bummed...I don't do pain well and I HATE not being able to keep to my normal routines. Your news was the bright spot in an otherwise gloomy and frustrating day.

However, God is good ALL the time; He is still on His throne and in control!

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger jel said...

Woo Hoo that is great news Colleen!

and congrats on the new grandbaby to be :)


huggs

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Tonya Kappes said...

Wonderful news!!! And a new baby soon! You are blessed. Yes, we try to do something weekly to give God's grace to someone. We put together Easter baskets for children who are less fortunate. My church had over 300 baskets! What a joy to be able to give a treat on the day Jesus came back and minister as well.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Sheri Salatin said...

Thank you for this post, Colleen. Personally, I'm going through a valley right now and it's wonderful to be reminded of the mountain top.

Congratulations on the good report of your husband's surgery and the news of the upcoming new arrival. Very exciting.

Thank you for blessing me today!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Cathy Shouse said...

Wonderful news, Colleen!

I got your flashy card promoting "The Lightkeeper's Ball" yesterday and thought of you. Woohoo!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Praise the Lord!!!!!! Rejoicing with you, Colleen.

And congratulations on the new grandbaby!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Praising God for His goodness, Colleen. Please pass along to Dave the sounds of all of us praising God for blessing you guys so much with this wonderful news. And the news that Punky will not be an only. As an only, I'm very grateful she won't be one herself. :-) Now you'll have double the pleasure of being gramma. This is awesome news!

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Thanks for rejoicing with me, friends!

Ruthie and Sheri, praying for you!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Wilma said...

That's great news, I'm so glad for you both.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Two pieces of wonderful news! So happy for you!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

So thrilled with your news, Colleen! God IS so good!!!!

Ruthie and Sheri, praying for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz