Girls Write Out
Tuesday, June 07, 2011
We girls have been working on final edits for Smitten this week so I had to show off that fabulous cover. :)

I just got back from spending some time in Arizona with our daughter Kara and her husband Mark. On Sunday afternoon, we were enjoying their pool and the sunshine. My husband noticed a bee on the side of the pool. Every time a little wave came along, the bee dipped below the water and was getting weaker. Dave had to go inside for a minute, and I watched the bee struggling. I grabbed a pool brush and lifted the bee from danger. I laid the brush beside the pool and moments later the bee was crawling along the brush. Within a few minutes, it had flown away.

That bee had NO idea that I'd just saved it from certain death. It made me wonder just how many times God has saved me from certain destruction when I didn't even realize it. I bet it's weekly. Reflecting on that made me thankful that we have someone so powerful who loves us and watches out for us every moment. Flying home yesterday, I knew God had me and Dave in his hands. :)

How about you? Can you think of an incident that you know you narrowly escaped disaster because of God's care?

Labels: , ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 10:03 AM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Peggy Blann Phifer said...

Ooh, I love the cover! I'd definitely pick it up to investigate if I saw it on a bookshelf.

As to your question, my answer is "More times than I can count." God is so Good!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Jean Kincaid said...

I really liked this story and plan to use it in Patch the Pirate study this Wed. night. The kids will love it.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

About 16 years ago I was leaving our church and was at a stop sign where I was about to make a right turn. There was a car coming from the left and he had his right turn signal on to turn onto the street I was leaving. Normally I'd have pulled out but I heard the Holy Spirit tell me not to go. He didn't turn and had I turned out in front of him he'd have smashed right into me.

Pretty cover, by the way!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger jel said...

hey Colleen, are your daughter and son~in~law away fron them fires going on out there?

glad ya 2 had a save trip :)


and yes HE has

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Such a great illustration, C! God is so faithful in countless ways every single day!!!

Still LOVE that cover! :-)

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Suz said...

Looks like you have a good story going! Good luck with it!

As for Divine Intervention, about a year ago, I was planning an afternoon shopping trip to a craft store. The night before, I started worrying about going alone. This is not normal for me - I'm very independent and brave :) I went, as planned, but didn't enjoy it as I was uneasy the entire time.

The next day, I heard that a young woman had been abducted from that store and forced into a car, driven several hours away, beaten, and left for dead. He was a stranger to her.

This occured a couple of hours after I had been there! I recall that I had rearranged my order of stops that day on a whim. What a whim God sent me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz