Girls Write Out
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Dave and I would do about anything for our kids. We're in AZ right now letting Dave recuperate from his surgery. We got to looking at Kara's bedroom. Right now it's standard issue off white but we're about to help her transform it into a tropical oasis. Her husband Mark is working in Mexico right now and when he comes home on Friday night, he's going to be amazed at what he finds!

I used to sew a lot: quilts, clothing, you name it. Since I started writing, there's been little time for that kind of thing, but we bought fabric and I'm going to make her a couple of duvet covers and some pillows from the fabric we found. And we're about to plunge into painting. Mark will NOT believe it when he gets here.

I love surprising people. The worst thing is keeping it quiet. I'm one of those people who has to buy Christmas gifts at the last minute because I can't stand not to give the gift for very long. I can't keep my mouth shut about it. I'm always eager to see what the recipient thinks of the gift. :)

How about you? Can you keep a surprise a secret for very long? Or are you like me and have to make sure not too long of a time elapses before revealing all?

Labels: ,

Colleen Coble  
posted at 11:30 AM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 6:52 PM, Blogger jel said...

I use to be able to do that keep a gift hide until time to give to a person . but not any more

if I want to give a gift to someone right then. sometimes if ya wait , ya might notget the chance .

Bet he will really really like it! :)

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

I'm like you, Colleen. I get so excited about the present, I either tell what it is or give it immediately! Can't help myself!

How fun to surprise Mark - and bless your daughter - all in one project!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Rachel Overton said...

ummm...hopefully he doesn't read GWO. :-) Sounds like a fun project!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Sandie said...

I shop by wishlist whenever possible. I CAN keep a secret but it is very hard. lol I am one who always reads spoilers too. I love to give things that I know the recipient will truly enjoy. I get as much pleasure in the giving as I hope they get in the receiving.

I would love to see photos of your finished project after the surprise. :-)

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Rachel, he's only on the computer when he has to be. I think we're safe. :)

Glad to see I'm not alone!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Judy said...

I'm usually pretty good at keeping a secret. I like to see the look of surprise on someone's face!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz