Girls Write Out
Thursday, July 26, 2012
First off, I want to thank you so much for your prayers on my behalf. Next week I'll be having a laparoscopy, followed a week later by a major operation. Your prayers have brought me this far and I know they will see me through. I never take them for granted. Thank you!!

Secondly, this picture is our granddaughter. She has a vivid imagination. Like her Nanny (me), she sometimes slips into an imaginary world (hmm, that sounds scary, doesn't it?), also like her Nanny. Our imaginations can take us to castles filled with antiquities and handsome princes. It can take us on morning walks through fields of wildflowers or bustling city streets where bakeries fill the air with the smell of baking bread.  It can also take us to scary places (enter Colleen) where murders happen and killers hide.

Imaginations are a good thing. Of course, we can't live in an imaginary world all the time. That would be weird. Though if you're a writer, you can get by with it--most of the time. :-)

You know how when you're going through a medical procedure they'll say things like, "Think of a place where you'd like to be right now. The ocean breeze tickles your skin. The smell of salt and sand stirs the air"? See, even the medical profession sees the value of a good imagination.

So let's play. If you could, for a moment, imagine a place where you would love to go right this minute. Tell me where would it take you?  You don't have to be eloquent. Just imagine a place. Maybe you're overlooking something that's happening or you're in the middle of a family feud. Maybe your place has conflict or maybe it's relaxing. A funny moment? A tender moment? A frightening moment? Whatever, it's just fun to pretend, if only for a moment. Be a kid again!

With my morning coffee nearby, a light blanket to cast off the chill of the air conditioning, the cat beside me  and our dog at my feet, I imagine a place where green grasses cover rolling hills, ivy grows on thatch-roofed cottages and cobbled streets lead to cozy shops filled with people milling around.

Your turn.


Diann Hunt  
posted at 9:57 AM  
  Comments (12)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
12 Comments:
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Timothy Fish said...

I am standing in the middle of a large room. The sound of hundreds of people all carrying on many conversations blankets me. Amidst the crowd of people I don’t know, I see many faces that I recognize and feel the firm handshakes of dear old friends.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger jel said...

I'm standing in a big snow bank, right now , too cool off! :)


or standing on a big boat, with a cool mist hitting my face!


huggs

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Tracy Ruckman said...

Somewhere with a mildly warm (not hot) ocean breeze and salty air, warm sand, with fun places to explore within walking distance, when I feel like it.

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

I'm sleeping and having good dreams.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger grammajlb said...

I am up in Illinois near my sister's home watching the power of the huge windmills that are so beautiful and peaceful.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger grammajlb said...

I am up in Illinois near my sister's home watching the power of the huge windmills that are so beautiful and peaceful.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Mary Marie Allen said...

I'm in a huge meadow with a long vista of greens and blues on the land and a sky that seems to go on forever. The sun is warm, birds are in the shade of a nearby tree and bees are buzzing. A breeze is teasing my hair, and I'm aware God is sharing every brilliant moment with little ole me. sigh. oh, yes.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

I am in an alpine flower field high in the central Colorado Rockies.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Lane Hill House said...

Back to the mission base in Grenada, West Indies, feeling the soft breeze and the swaying palm trees, the instant refreshing downpour that lasted not much more than a couple minutes unexpectedly from a blue skies day. Kathleen

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger annacolejames said...

I'm at a table that is surrounded by my husband, children and their spouses and grandchildren. We are having a wonderful conversation with laughter and tears.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger annacolejames said...

I'm at a table that is surrounded by my husband, children and their spouses and grandchildren. We are having a wonderful conversation with laughter and tears.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Krista Phillips said...

A beach somewhere! It's warm... but not humid. No kids are screaming for my attention. I'm about 50 pounds skinnier and so is my husband who's right beside me. All my baby-induced stretchmarks are gone, and hubby's taken up weight lifting and is all buff... (we're dreaming here, right?!?) I'm sipping on a coke... but in a pretty glass with an umbrella... Okay, dream over. Kids need to go to bed. It was super nice while it lasted:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz