Girls Write Out
Monday, September 24, 2012
Denise and Colleen, ready for the Carol Awards at ACFW
After God created man he said, "It is not good for man to be alone." Then he created woman, and the first human partnership was formed.

At the ACFW conference over the weekend, I was thinking about how many people I've been blessed to have around me. People to support me in life, family, and business.

My husband, my friends, my small group, my team at Thomas Nelson, my agent, my extended family, my website administrator, writing groups . . . the list goes on.

It's kind of amazing and a little overwhelming how many people it takes to make my life work right! If I subtract any of the above from my life, the wheels are going to wobble. So I'm just feeling thankful right now for all the people that hold me together and keep me driving down the path God has set for me.

Who's holding your wheels on tight?

Speaking of partnerships . . . a shout out to Colleen who won a Carol Award for Lonestar Angel! So proud of you, friend!
Denise Hunter  
posted at 8:08 AM  
  Comments (7)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
7 Comments:
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Mary-Louise said...

Congratulations, Colleen. I'm in the middle of Lightkeeper's Bride, and am sorely tempted to read the end because of all that is going on... how will Katie survive???

I think one of 'groups' that should keep our wheels from wobbling is our church family. I am so grateful that there are people out there who accept me and love me, even when I am not being the best friend or mom or wife. After all, doesn't God do the same thing? He accepts us and loves us because of who we ARE, not what we have or haven't done. Thank God, for people. They help us keep our wheels on.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Congrats C! You two both look beautiful!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger jel said...

Woo Hoo!! way to go Colleen! :)


 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

So true, Mary-Louise!

We missed you, K, Di and Cheryl! It's not the same without you!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

Who holds me together? My husband, my Admin at work (lol - refilling my coffee cup is her primary mission at work), my crit partner, Anne Love, and my Mom. Oh gosh. My Mom. Oh yes, and Colleen contributes regularly to holding me together with all my petty woes :)

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Grace said...

Why are the "Carol Awards" called "Carol Awards"?

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Denise Hunter said...

Good question, Grace. It's named for publishing industry pioneer Carol Johnson. She was the editor who acquired Janette Oke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz