Girls Write Out
Thursday, October 11, 2012
I love my grandson's imagination! He is five years old and full of dreams. In one afternoon he can pilot through gray skies over a war-torn area or be on the lookout for avenging pirates on the high seas.


That's what reading fiction does for me. It takes me somewhere, far from the laundry, the barking dog, the effects of chemo.  That's why I read it . . . to escape.

I also like to read non-fiction. But I read it to learn and grow and hopefully reshape my character.

Sometimes I find myself going back to the same author because he or she takes me to that place where I want to go. Maybe I want to be wrapped in someone else's drama besides my own. :-) But most of all, I want a book that will grip me until the very end--where I absolutely cannot put it down.

So here's my question. What do you love about the book you're reading now? What is holding you to those pages and keeping you there to the end? In other words, why do you keep reading?

Diann Hunt  
posted at 9:24 AM  
  Comments (4)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
4 Comments:
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Mary-Louise said...

A friend and I were discussing this very topic just the other day. I had lent her some of my books and she gave them back unread. When I asked her why, her reply was, 'I already know on the first page, who will end up with whom'. We had a laugh about that, because I can tell the same thing, but my interest lies in the 'HOW'. When a gifted story teller is at work, there is no way anyone can guess 'how'.
Having said that, obviously my friend reads for a different reason because she said she didn't care 'how', yet she is a voracious reader.

=D

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger jel said...

why I read?

cause I can't take bubble baths.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

I read the ending first. I NEED a happy ending!

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

LOL, Jel!

I'm with you, Mary Louise. It's about the "how" for me.

Definitely a happy ending, Cheryl! I hate spending all that time reading a book and finding it has a bad ending. Grrrr!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz