Girls Write Out
Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Colleen and Dave ACFW 2012

Both times I've spent a considerable amount of time in Texas have resulted in me getting sick. The first time was when I was in the Big Bend area research the Lonestar series (and Lonestar Angel just won a Carol award for Best Romantic Suspense!) I had a terrible case of bronchitis. As soon as I hit the hotel in Denver, my chest started feeling heavy. Now here I am down in Austin coughing again. I think it's bronchitis again.

When our son was small, he got bronchitis all the time from allergy. So I think I might be allergic to something down here. I've decided it's worth getting sick though because I really love Austin! I'm setting the 3rd book in my Under Texas Stars down here. I've always said I wouldn't want to live in a city, but after being here, if I ever lived in a city, I'd take Austin (sans the bronchitis.) It's got a really great vibe, and people are really friendly.

Yesterday we had lunch in a Thai/Vietnamese restaurant. I've never eaten in one before. Today i want to eat something else I've never eaten before. Any ideas what it might be? I'm thinking if I'm adventurous enough, I'll get rid of this cough! ;) 

And anyone have a suggestion for getting well? I'm usually the health guru but I am at a loss with this. Whenever my ibuprofen wears off, I start coughing. Very weird! When I had this before, nothing I took helped either. We start for home tomorrow. Maybe it will get better then.

Colleen Coble  
posted at 10:15 AM  
  Comments (10)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
10 Comments:
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

I saw this on interest the other day, don't know if it'll help. You'd have to get local TX honey
http://www.healthhomehappy.com/2010/09/honey-and-cinnamon-a-simple-cold-home-remedy-that-kids-love.html

The allergies are particularly bad this year.


You could go to the Salt Lick in round rock (don't know how paleo that is?) and there's also a place called Sweet Ritual that sells vegan ice cream sundaes . Its my dream to go there since I'm allergic to dairy :)

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Tracy Ruckman said...

Yes, local honey will help your immune system not be allergic to whatever is in the area.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

It's too late, Colleen, but you could gather up the pollen on a dirty window or outside wall, etc., and treat for it. I had to do that last night because of my nasty headache from allergies. I treated like you do with the laser light, then layered the treatment with my b-i-l's wheat cereal so I wouldn't have trouble again with the pollen. Next time you're in Austin you should be good.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Oh, my, I just reread what I'd written and realized how crazy that post will sound to most people. I'm not drunk, honest. We're talking NAET.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger jel said...

What Tracy Said!

it works for us.

hope ya get to feeling better

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Mrs. Ramsey said...

I have both allergies and asthma and it sounds like you are having an asthmatic reaction - which can turn into a bronchitis if it gets severe. I don't know your other symptoms or anything, but I had that happen a couple of times before the doctor figured out it was asthma. I have an inhaler that I use just for the occasional bout with it. Usually peak of spring and peak of fall. Hope you recover quickly at home!!!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Good comment, Lisa Marie. My doctor told me at my last visit that he thinks I might have asthma. Colleen, you might want to get that checked out.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Lynette Sowell said...

Yes, definitely get the asthma aspect checked out. Guaifenesin (Robitussin) is a good general cough syrup that gets stuff "out." Plus, not allergy medicines are created equal. I was on Claritin for a long time, but then this season I've switched to Zyrtec and my symptoms are better. Your doc might know which allergens respond better to different meds.

I hope you've had a wonderful trip. Hit up the food trucks if you can for a meal. They're awesome! :) Holy Cacao and Gourdough's are my favorites. :)

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

Colleen, at the first throat tickle or sign of chest heaviness, start a 3-day course of 30mg of zinc and Vitamin C, twice a day. I found out zinc stops virus cells from reproducing.

The honey trick takes time to build up the immunities and it must be from within a 5-mile radius of where you are. It never helped me much at all, but then I'm allergic to so many things.

Hope you feel better soon. I hate bronchitis!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

I forgot to congratulate you on your Carol award!!! Way to go, Colleen! Hope you're feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz