Girls Write Out
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Romance is a universal language for women.  After all, God's love for us, His sacrifice for us, is the greatest gift we can receive.  Our human version is admittedly a pale version, but it's all we have, so we embrace it.  Both in story and in life. It offers hope and the closest approximation to being loved unconditionally, though we as mere humans aren't capable of unconditional love -- we probably come closest as parents. : )

I'm in the process of searching out a cover for my new book, and it does have an element of romance in it, but that isn't the primary storyline.  I came across this photo of Antonio Sabato, Jr. and his new bride in Kauai.  Now, I have no idea who Antonio is, nor his bride, but the hope and joy in their faces reminds me why we love romance.  Why we still believe in it, despite the world's desire to corrupt it.


My dad's cousin just celebrated her 57th year in marriage to her husband and the joy on their faces (didn't want to share it without her permission) shows me that love is the greatest gift God gives us here on earth.  She posted this picture on Facebook the day of her wedding.  My Nana is on the left (she was married for over 60 years to my Papa.)  My godmother Mabel is in the center and she too was married to my Papa's brother forever until cancer took her.  Who makes you celebrate romance? 





Kristin  
posted at 4:08 PM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Such happy pictures, Kris. Mel makes me celebrate romance in a way I never have before.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Timothy Fish said...

Not that there is anything wrong with romance, but I think there are other kinds of love that correlate better with God's love for us.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Hannah Alexander said...

Well, Tim, you don't know anything about my romance with Mel, then. ;-) That's a shame.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Sandie said...

My parents were married 68 years, until my dad's death. They lived apart for the last 5 years of his life as he had Alzheimer's and was in a nursing home. My husband and I will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary in December.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Sandie, congratulations, that's beautiful! Cheryl, it makes me a little queasy to be around you and Mel. They're SO in love with each other, it feels intrustive!

Timothy, what kind of love is closer to God's love for us than romance? Or a parent's love?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz