Girls Write Out
Thursday, November 29, 2012
I'm not reading a lot these days. Just don't have the concentration level for it. But I CAN read to my five-year-old grandson. This week I read to him, "Llama, Llama, Red Pajama."

Now if you have never read that children's book, I suggest you run out right this minute and get it. And no, I have no connection with the author whatsoever. Don't even know her. But that book is so doggone cute!!

Maybe it's the way my grandson reads it with me. We've read it so many times, he knows practically each page by heart. And I always get a hug and kiss at the end. Sigh. Priceless!

So when is the last time you read a book to a little one? It stimulates their imaginations and opens whole new worlds to them--just the way books do with us!

With Christmas fast approaching, I highly encourage you to grab a book and find a tiny tot to share it with.

While we're on the subject, do you have any special books from your childhood memories that someone read to you? What are they? Or maybe you have favorite children books right now that you read to your children/grandchildren.  I know Colleen has a new children's book coming out next summer! Be sure to check it out!

This is a great time of year for bedtime stories!

Happy Reading!
Diann

P.S. Special thanks to The Clik Chick Photography for the adorable picture of my grandson! :-)
Diann Hunt  
posted at 8:21 AM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I read lots to mine when they were little and lived here. Even when my son was little, we read all the time. I don't understand what happened. Not a single one of them turned out to be readers. Somehow, I think they must have been overtaken by aliens or something. LOL

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

At least you know they have those memories of you reading to them, Ane! :)

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Diane Marie Shaw said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Diane Marie Shaw said...

I loved reading to my children and now I have the joy of reading to my granddaughters. What fun it is to pick up the actual book I read to their dad and have them sit in my lap while I read it to them. Two of our favorites are Good Night Moon and The Hungry Caterpillar.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Brittaney said...

Thew two books that stick out in my mind from my childhood was a Richard Scarry book and Egermeier's Bible stories. Every night I would sit on my dad's lap and he would read me a bible story. Good memories.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Sandie said...

I don't remember my parents reading to me, but I do remember reading to my children. Brown Bear, Brown Bear was one of my favorites. Also Good night, Moon and Love you Forever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz