Girls Write Out
Tuesday, November 13, 2012

SilentNight 195x300

Did you know there's a new Rock Harbor digital novella releasing in a week?!! I'm so excited the time is almost here to see what you think about Silent Night. It was incredibly fun for me to go back to Rock Harbor. In fact, that story almost wrote itself. This has been a year of immersion back in Rock Harbor. Thomas Nelson is bringing out new covers for all the books, I wrote the new novella, and my friend Robin Caroll and I are working on a series for middle grade readers set in Rock Harbor (think Harry Potter as far as age group--so Rock Harbor fans will want to read it for sure too.) It's titled Rock Harbor Search and Rescue, and it features Emily, the girl lost in the woods with her brother in Without a Trace. Of course Bree and Samson are in it too!

Here's the link for Silent Night at Amazon and at Barnes and Noble. And even if you don't have an e-reader, you can download a free computer version of the Kindle or Nook to your computer and read it there. Let me know what you think after you read it! 

So that brings me to my question of the day. Is there a particular series you'd really love to see more of? I'm planning a trip to Nashville in 3 weeks to discuss future projects. I've got some new series ideas, but if there's a hue and cry for something from an existing series, I'd love to hear it. :)

One idea I have is to take the young girl from the Mercy Falls series (her mother had tuberculosis, just to jog your memory) and put her into service at one of the Great Camps in the Adirondacks. Like maybe Sagamore. It would be a sort of American version of Downtown Abbey. :) And I thought it might be fun to bridge one series into another. 

And I have some ideas for a new contemporary series too. Do you read both my historical and contemporary series or do you have a preference? Would love to get your feedback!

Colleen Coble  
posted at 9:57 AM  
  Comments (11)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
11 Comments:
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Sandy Nadeau said...

Thrilled to see a return to Rock Harbor. I loved your Hawaii series too. Of course, I love Hawaii. I love your sharing about the islands in stories. Just a thought.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Sandy B said...

I love the series that involves Texas! Of course the Wabash info was delightful but I hunger for more BBQ, sand in my teeth and horses... oh yeh....

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Kelli Jo said...

I prefer your Contemporary series and I would LOVE to see more of the Smoke Jumpers. I loved Fire Dancer and would love to see more in that series.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

My next novella is in the Aloha Reef series, Sandy! Nelson is getting ready to give them new covers and I'm going to freshen them up.

Love the way you put that, Sandy! LOL

Kelly Jo, I loved Fire Dancer too. I'd like to write Buck's story.

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Malia Spencer said...

Yea! I love hearing that you are doing another Aloha Reef book. Let me know if you need a Hawaii expert again. :)

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lonestar, lonestar, lonestar...AMAZING series

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Candice Sue Patterson said...

The cover for Silent Night looks fantastic! Can't wait to read it.

I'm so excited about your projects for middle grade readers. My two oldest boys love to read. They like anything with action/adventure so I thought a spin-off of your Lonestar series would be fun for them. I don't have any girls, but I thought a Mercy Falls series for young girls would be a great idea. I'm thinking Nancy Drew meets American Girl. (I loved mysteries like Nancy Drew when I was a kid).

Also, I loved your novella "Storm Warning." I loved the danger, the action, and the romance in between. A new series like that would be fun!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Lorna said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Lorna said...

I would love to read some more of your suspense stories. Rock Harbor is my very favorite and then your Aloha Reef series!
Thank you for all your hard work:).

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Julie L said...

I love all your books, but my favorites are the contemporary novels.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

Will the Aloha Reef novella also be a real book, not just a pretend one?! So frustrated that I can't buy Silent Night because I don't do Nook or Kindle and not sure my computer could handle the download either....lol....thanks:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz