Girls Write Out
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Some of you follow my blog and/or facebook so I'm sorry for repeating myself, but it's been a crazy week, to say the least.

I had a surgery on Friday that didn't bring the results we'd hoped. And with it came disappointments--I'd have to keep a drain, and get my nutrition from an IV bag. Not at all what we had anticipated.

The first day or two, I could only groan out to God. I couldn't find the words. My life forever altered. How could I endure it?  But then the clouds began to clear . . . a little. It may not be permanent, depending on if the scar tissue softens. The good news is it wasn't cancer causing the problem. Just past surgeries.

In the midst of it all, I had a couple of dark days. Feeling so alone. Wondering where God was in all of it. Needing something from Him that assured me He was there, but not sure what or how He could show me. So I kept praying and clinging to what I know from His Word. Trusting even when the feelings wouldn't come.

Then it happened.

We came home from the hospital, exhausted, weak, nauseas. I walked through the door into the kitchen with the family room visible just beyond the kitchen. I was absolutely blown over by what I saw.

I'd been wanting to paint the dark paneling in that room for years, but we never got around to it. Then I got sick and couldn't do it. Long story short, while we were gone, friends came in, painted the room, laid new carpet, donated GORGEOUS leather furniture and accessories (mirror, pictures, stand, lamp), made cabinets for beneath our bookshelves.

The love of God overwhelmed me! His people working together for US! We couldn't wrap our minds around it. But this I can tell you, I KNEW God was reassuring me that He loved me. He could see what we were going through and hadn't forgotten us. These precious friends were an extension of Him.

There are no words to express how we feel even now. As beautiful as the room is, it's the love that went into it that blows me away.

Every day is a gift. God loves you, dear one. Don't ever doubt it. It's true! This I know!

Diann
Diann Hunt  
posted at 9:00 AM  
  Comments (11)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
11 Comments:
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Jaime Wright said...

Way to make me cry at work, lady!! WOW! Don't you love the FAMILY the Lord gives us? It's such a BONUS to the grace we receive from Jesus. Love you, lady! <3

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

You're so right, Jaime! It's way cool! Love you too!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Kaylee Baldwin said...

Thank you so much for sharing this story. I had goosebumps the whole time reading it. When I was pregnant with my last baby, I was so sick, I was on an IV for six weeks and couldn't watch my three other kids--one of whom has special needs and numerous, time consuming health problems. I was feeling really sorry for myself, wondering where God was, hadn't I had enough trials on my plate, and lots of other "woe is me" thoughts that kept sneaking into my normally faithful heart. I was so overwhelmed and praying for help, when soon after friends and people from church started bringing me dinner, watching my kids, cleaning my house--every day for six weeks. I was so humbled. I felt God's love through his angels here on earth.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Pamela S. Meyers said...

Di, that brings tears to my eyes. Your "new" room looks so warm and cozy. You are well loved.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

That's awesome! You deserve it. Enjoy your new surroundings.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is my first day to read this blog, just discovered it last night. I'm so sorry and will be praying about the trial you are going through right now. How awesome that God gave you what you needed right when you needed it. This is such a wonderful testimony. Blessings and Merry Christmas, Susan Fryman. Also, the new room looks wonderful, a great place to regain your strength and soak in the love of God and your friends.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Sandie said...

I'm so sorry things didn't work out as you'd hoped. I know you don't feel like you are an inspiration because you feel the "down" times and the doubting times. But we all have those and in the end, you praise the Lord and recognize the blessings even through the valley. It IS inspirational. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

It's hard to read when your eyes are filled with tears of joy for you! And now I know exactly how to pray, too! You little band of warriors are going to pray that scar tissue softens!!!

Hugs!!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger karenk said...

Diann,
Your story brought tears to my eyes...Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

karenk

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

Thank you for all the kind and thoughtful comments! And welcome to our blog, Susan! :-)

Merry Christmas to all!

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Cheri said...

How exciting for you and your family! I'm sure it lifted a burden to have everything done.

I've been praying for you for months and I'm so sorry you had more surgery and must have a drain and IV nutrition. I'm asking Jesus to let this be a quick time of healing and that you will be off the IV very soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz