Girls Write Out
Saturday, November 26, 2005

Well, it seems my friends are AWOL, and not one to shy away from a chance to talk, I'm going to blog again! I saw Pride & Prejudice. Um, no. I thought it was Darcy I wouldn't care for, but I thought he was really good. I didn't like Keira Knightly's giggly Elizabeth, and I thought it was a little feminist rendition. In the book, LIZZY is wrong too. And I didn't think the movie did that justice. Plus, they cut so quickly into storylines, I didn't think they fulfilled the feel of the story. Wickham is just barely touched upon in terms of Elizabeth. And the Gardners are barely introduced -- and suddenly, Elizabeth's at Pemberley.

There was no build-up for me -- and the weird kiss on the moors was like someone read half P&P, half Wuthering Heights. I did think it was beautifully shot, and I loved the secondary characters, and everyone was gorgeous to look at. Though you know what I missed most? I LOVE where Elizabeth tells Catherine de Bourgh to stuff it, I was a little letdown at that scene. I came home and watched the A&E version.

I also watched the beginning of Gone with the Wind with my daughter (she's five and I wanted to show her the dresses at Twelve Oaks). Well, Scarlett starts calling, Ashley and my daughter gets this weird look on her face. "That guy has a girl's name!" She says in disgust.

Everyone's a critic.
Anonymous  
posted at 12:04 PM  
  Comments (5)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
5 Comments:
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I know how you feel. My crit pals have been AWOL as well. Without Robin IMing me every day to tell me how my first three paragraphs in every chapter are making her comatose, I just don't know what to do. I managed to catch Dineen for about two minutes yesterday and forced her to listen to me whine about doing my synopsis. She said get over it and then she was gone. If I haven't read or seen P&P, can I still be a real writer?

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Rhonda Gibson said...

So I'm not the only one going through crit pals withdrawal. Jean has abandoned me, I'm not sure where she is at this moment (woman travels alot!) and Barbara's computer is down for the holidays. Oh woe is me!!

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now I'm sad. I was looking forward to seeing that movie, although unsure of how a P&P sans Colin Firth would settle. That comparison alone will get me into the theater anyway though :-)

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm BAACK! LOL

Kris, you haven't seen The G, B, & Ugly? Shame on you! LOLOLOL If it starred John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, or Charles Bronson, I watched it as my dad is a movie buff and I think I am, too. And I'm waiting on P&P to come to DVD...I heard several were disappointed.

 
At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well all she knows of Ashley is our beloved Ashley Stockingdale - how much girly can a girl get - what else do you expect when she hears that name? ;)

alisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz