Girls Write Out
Friday, February 10, 2006


TGIF

Yes, it's the name of a restaurant, but it became the name for a reason. It's clear I'm not the only one who loves Fridays.

"Thank God it's Friday" is a phrase that resonates with nearly everyone. Kids get out of school for a couple days, employees get a reprieve from work, and parents get a break from the endless drudgery of homework--not ours, but the kids' (and if you have kids in school you know what I'm talking about).

I guess TGIF is not so much about Friday as it is about ushering in the weekend, family time, and a respite from the tediousness of the work week. I've always made it a habit to forgo household chores on the weekend. Hey, Kevin's not working, why should I? Of course, that does mean our house is a pigsty by Monday morning.

So, the weekend is here and the plans are all good. Watch my boys play basketball, dinner with friends, church on Sunday, a little R and R. A girl couldn't ask for much more. And if I have to spend all Monday on disaster detail, that's okay. It was worth it.

Anonymous  
posted at 9:04 AM  
  Comments (6)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
6 Comments:
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Morris said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My son and I walk to Starbucks on Friday to celebrate making it to the end of another week. He's only four but he's already addicted to the whole trip, even though he could easily have strawberry milk at home.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Diann Hunt said...

What a sweet (no pun intended) memory you're making, Jennifer! That is really cool!

Friday night was always family night when our kids were at home. We bought videos, piled the popcorn bowl full and drank pop till our sides would split. We didn't answer the phone or the door. Our kids had our undivided attention. I treasure those memories still, and I think they do too. :-)

Di

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Corina Bowen said...

I love it!! In between church is our set day of "family time" we all kick back in the crowded living room , watch movies, eat whatever.. sometimes play the card game "spoons" (which is a mad house with all the males in my home) and catch up... I wouldn't trade it for anything.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

I loved Fridays when I was working. Now, if you can believe it, I kind of dread it. It means my work week is done and I have my writing rest day on Sunday. Aren't I a nut?
Camy

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Great post, Denise. I love weekends and Sunday afternoon R&R.

Sounds like you have a great family!

Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz