Girls Write Out
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
OH HAPPY DAY!

I did't want to blog today. I don't want to go see my chiropractor this morning, but I desperately need to and probably will just because I hafta. Am I lazy? Am I feeling apathetic? No, the reason I don't want to do these things is because there's something else I'm itching to do.

My edits. I got them back last week from my fab new editor, Amanda at WestBow, and since then, I've had a loaded schedule and a weekend trip. I've been looking forward to digging in to them today.

Is it really me saying this? Me, who has always dreaded the edits and lambasted Colleen for her annoying exuberance? What is wrong with me?

I know, I know, I've officially gone over to the dark side. I'm sorry, K and Di, to alienate you and even up the score on the edit issue. It is now two against two, though I promise to not harass you when you complain about getting yours like a certain friend we know (whose name starts with a C and ends will olleen.) And speaking of that person, I know she knows better than than to utter a single "I told you so" because everybody finds that annoying.

(Edits, here I come!)

Anonymous  
posted at 9:45 AM  
  Comments (4)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
4 Comments:
At 3:44 PM, Blogger allen etter said...

uh...um...okay...I'm glad you like editing...want to edit my manuscript? Just kidding. I hate editing. Have fun.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

LOL! It's not my fault. It's because you see what great editing comments are all about now. Whoohoo, what fun!

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I love the editing process. That's where I add all the glorious layering that makes the prose sing. And I love singing prose. :o)

It's the actual creatin gprocess that's harder for me sometimes. I think I second guess myself too much. Sigh.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Sabrina L. Fox said...

I admit when I get a good crit I enjoy making the changes. So I can kinda see your point--kinda!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz