Girls Write Out
Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I HATE MY NECK
I've hated my neck since I was a teenager. Fooled you, didn't I? You thought I only hated it now because it's starting to sag like a turkey neck. LOL But no, I've always hated it. It's not a long, slender neck like a ballerina, which is always what I wanted. Instead it's this strong column and you can see my adam's apple. HATE that. And it's doubly ugly now that is IS starting to sag like a turkey. Something else that's happening since I'm starting to age is those doggone age spots. It's all from tanning when I was a teenager. I burned sometimes too--freckles were the bane of my life. So on my arms, legs and face I'm getting some dark spots.

And even more worrisome, I've got some scaly patches of solar keratosis. The doctor gave me some high powered cream but there are side effects with it so I haven't used it yet. Dave has those things too so I went on a quest to find a more natural oil or cream that would help and found--EMU OIL. Now don't wrinkle your nose at me--it isn't becoming. Did you know Oprah and tons of movie stars swear the stuff is a miracle? I didn't either but now I know why. I bought the Dremu brand (I just ordered a less expensive brand and I'll let you know if it's just as good. The other stuff I ordered is Longview Farms brand.)

The stuff is a miracle in a bottle. No kidding. Those solar keratosis things? Nearly gone in a WEEK! After TWO DAYS all the age spots significantly lightened. And the turkey neck? Let's just say I haven't started gobbling yet. LOL My skin is looking more luminous and tighter. It is supposed to work for acne, psoriasis, eczema, all types of skin problems. I'm sold on it. I sound like a commercial, but it's only because I'm excited at how well it's working.

You should see Dave screw up his face when I come at him with the eyedropper of oil. LOL He's like a little kid submitting to a face washing by his mother. But it's working on his spots too. A little more slowly because I'm only doing his face at night. I put it on my spots twice a day.

So there's my favorite beauty product. Care to share yours?
Colleen Coble  
posted at 8:42 AM  
  Comments (19)
 
 
Delicious Delicious
19 Comments:
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Julie Carobini said...

Thanks for the tip, Colleen! I've never heard of the stuff, but I'm game (and suspect that as the years go by, I'll continue to be so!) :)

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Kay Day said...

I've got some of that somewhere. It didn't work for the particular thing I was using it on, so I put it away. I'll have to find it and put it on my spots, too!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Oh drag it out again, Kay! I love what it's doing.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger allen etter said...

Cup of coffee and a power sander.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

You're putting bird oil on your neck? Vanity has a price, I guess, but EWWW!!

My new favorite is TerraGloss, it's lip gloss with all natural ingredients, the main one is castor oil, but it doesn't smell like it.

Then, Jane Iredale mineral foundation. There is nothing better!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Melanie's Words Work said...

Colleen,

At least you have a neck. I look like a head plopped down on a linebacker's shoulders. Seriously, the neck thing is definitely hereditary. I have an ancestor who was known as "No-Neck" Maynard. And the shoulders? They wouldn't let me be born for the longest time, then a nurse who apparently didn't notice the pink name tag called me "Mommy's Little Football Player." Why my mom likes to tell me this, I don't know. She says the little T-shirts they put on newborns wouldn't fit me.

As for beauty secrets, I got a sample of an antioxidant moisturizer from Clinique a few weeks ago. I have cranky skin, and this stuff made such a difference I went ahead and bought a tube today. For me, $40 seemed like a lot of money when my bag still felt like it was empty.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Protex soap and water. Nivea hand cream if I remember it.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Rel said...

Steve Irwin, Russell Crowe, Cate Blanchett and Eric Bana are not the only good things to come out of Australia, you know!!!!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Rel, that was one of the things I loved about the Emu oil! LOL

Kris, can a person with dry skin wear that mineral makeup? At Ulta when I was going to try another brand, the sales gal said it's not the best for mature skin. Sigh.

Melanie, I laughed out loud when I read your post. Isn't it the truth that we always hate something about ourselves?

Allen, you should like my husband. LOL

I haven't heard of Protex, Pam. I'll have to check it out!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Pam Sanderlin said...

Nah, Colleen. Don't bother. It's just deoderant/anti-bacteria soap. I only use it because I'm in my mid-50's and still have acne. It keeps the germs down.

It doesn't even have a nice smell. Best stick with the emu-stuff.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Gracie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Gracie said...

Beauty secrets? Coffee and chocolate. Put together in a mocha and you have a daily dose in one cup. Nothing better.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Melanie's Words Work said...

By the way, Colleen, have you ever met an emu. Loud and dirty critters. They do have awfully long necks, though they're a bit fuzzy.

Oh, and the ones I've met are mean. Still couldn't make myself to eat an emu burger when covering "farm and city" day early in my reporting days.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Southern-fried Fiction said...

I'll relieve you rmind, Colleen. I never laid in the sun as a teenager or any other ager. I was too ADHD - before they knew what it was - to lay in the sun. And I still ogt those rasty age spots, mostly on my hands, but they're there.

The other icky thing is the blood vessles that break when you aren't looking. My dad had those and now, suddenly I'm turning into my dad!

Whaaaaaaaaaa!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

I wonder if that's the spray on makeup they use on What Not to Wear?

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank's for the tip Colleen. I ordered some for my Mom. She is always looking for something that will help her with the dark spots she has. As for Beauty secrets. I would say mine is. lot's of Sleep and a smile!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Such a Pretty Face said...

Hi Colleen,

I was so happy to read your post... This is my all time favorite product. I am holistic esthetician and I have used and recommended this brand for years, glad it's getting the recognition it deserves!

Jennifer

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Colleen Coble said...

Glad to hear that, Jennifer! I'm pretty holistic myself so that really appealed to me!

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Trevor said...

Don't worry about having an Adams apple. I have one too, a big one and I'm not ashamed. Course, I'm 6'4" 200 lbs and a guy but this is 2008, and dammit, if a woman can be president then a woman can have a pineapple neck with an Adams apple. "We can't all be swans"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



The Authors
Kristin Billerbeck
Kristin Billerbeck is a proud Californian, wife, mother of four, and connoisseur of the irrelevant. She writes Christian Chick Lit; where she finds need for most of the useless facts lulling about in her head.

www.KristinBillerbeck.com

Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble writes romantic suspense with a strong atmospheric element. A lovable animal of some kind--usually a dog--always populates her novels. She can be bribed with DeBrand mocha truffles.

www.ColleenCoble.com

Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter writes women's fiction and love stories with a strong emotional element. Her husband says he provides her with all her romantic material, but Denise insists a good imagination helps too.

www.DeniseHunterBooks.com

Diann Hunt

Diann Hunt writes romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction. She has been happily married forever, loves her family, chocolate, her friends, chocolate, her dog, and well, chocolate.

www.DiannHunt.com

Hannah Alexander

Cheryl Hodde writes romantic medical suspense under the pen name of Hannah Alexander, using all the input she can get from her husband, Mel, for the medical expertise. For fun she hikes and reads. Out of guilt, she rescues discarded cats. She and Mel are presently taking orders from four pampered strays.

www.HannahAlexander.com

 
Subscribe
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz